MEDEX 2014-2015 applicants

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to those getting the calls.  For those who are waiting for information, hang in there!  My fingers sat on my phone in my pocket for a while, waiting for it to vibrate.  I'd go about my day, distracted and hyper-vigilant.  In hindsight, I could have been a little more constructive with my time.  I was in the shower when I got the voicemail from MEDEX.  Channel that energy -- stay busy -- clean out the garage, go on long bike rides and do your Christmas shopping early. 

MedFireFight -- Good plan to set up the Facebook Group for Class 49.  I set one up last year for Class 48.  It was hard to find people at first, but as time passed, it became a great way to deal with all those questions we had.  We unofficially used it to take turns asking the hard questions to MEDEX; we wanted to minimize the chance of one person looking too eager or desperate.

Does anyone have recommendation of where to stay in Spokane for the interview?

There's a Holiday Inn Express and a Red Lion Inn not far from the Riverpoint campus. They're both within walking distance.

I'm a Spokane resident and if anyone needs any questions answered, please feel free to ask.

Congrats again to those excepted and those offered interviews.

A few of us have chatted via PM and are meeting at Watertown on Monday evening Oct 27, the night before the interviews. But, I am not from Seattle, so if anyone knows of any restaurants or coffee shops close by, I'm up for anything! And I think, the more, the merrier!

I applied to the BCHS campuses, so I shan't be joining you.  But I know the area well, having attended UW for my undergraduate work.  And I still live nearby.

If you're staying at the Watertown, you'll find most of the restaurants/cafes on University Way NE, which most people call "The Ave."  Plenty of good options between NE 42nd - NE 50th Streets.  Many places are on the smaller side, so I'm hesitant giving a full recommendation without knowing the full size of the party.  There's always Starbucks (not a fan, but it gets the job done)!

A few of us have chatted via PM and are meeting at Watertown on Monday evening Oct 27, the night before the interviews. But, I am not from Seattle, so if anyone knows of any restaurants or coffee shops close by, I'm up for anything! And I think, the more, the merrier!

There's a Barnes & Nobles with 24 hrs Starbucks on 25th Ave nearby at U-District just down the hill from 45th St. That's the best place I could think of for a meeting and chatting.

There's a Barnes & Nobles with 24 hrs Starbucks on 25th Ave nearby at U-District just down the hill from 45th St. That's the best place I could think of for a meeting and chatting.

That BN is permanently closed, but there are multiple Starbucks within the shopping center, UVillage.  That said, the 45th Street viaduct is very (very) steep for those traveling by foot.  It's quite the trek.  A Starbucks on The Ave might serve your purposes better, depending on where people are staying.

Oops. That Barnes&Nobles closed. I meant to recommend that Starbucks coffee shop in same building & locates west of the old B&N. It was one of my favorite Starbucks locations in Seattle Metro, it opens 5am - 1am as I remembered. The "Ave" has great places but parking is a little difficult compared to U-District.

Congratulations on all.

Anyone know what the deal is with our secondary location choices? If I apply primarily for Seattle, is my interview for that site only or for my secondary site too? And then are we technically considered for the secondary location if they fill up the first location with other applicants?

Thanks.

Archived