• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have super good news for many of you out there! The ATSU, PA program will accept 70 not 50 students for the Class of 2017. I got my seat!!

Wow this is great!! I was also accepted pending an open seat at the October 9th interview so hopefully we will see more calls going out after thanksgiving! :)

• 2 weeks later...

What's the point of the fluff classes of mind body spirit in the curriculum. Sounds like quackery. There should be more sciences. This is not to discount the humane side of medicine.

Your right, there is no point in having fluff classes. Unfortunately, you assume by the title that the class equates fluff and lacks science. Every other medical and P.A. school program worth its salt provides similar content found in this class under different titles. Medicine is more than just the function and dysfunction of various bodily systems. Medicine is about understanding the patient as a person, about ethical conundrums, about legal responsibilities, about interdisciplinary communication, about addressing tough questions such as when to start hospice. Questions that typically are not covered is hard science classes such as clinical medicine, pathology, anatomy, physiology, etc. 

What this class entails is an excellent question you should ask during your interview...

Rest assured, it's a process and a long wait. One of my good friends in the class was set to go to Hofstra and then found out two days before orientation that she was given a seat. Being an AZ native, she decided to stay. Another found out less than three weeks before school started and had to make the move from Colorado. It can happen when you least expect it, so all I can advise is being patient.

Best of luck!

Has anyone on the wait list been accepted yet? When I talked to Bonnie, she said that they haven't extended the program to 70 yet, but that they were going to after all the interviews were done. I was just interested to hear if anyone who was on the wait list, or pending open seat list got in.

Archived