• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure. They didn't give a time frame to respond. The voicemail just said send an email to let them know if you would like to be placed on the list waiting for a seat.

I know, I was accepted under the same conditions as you. But, the admitted students are the ones that were offered a seat. These students are given the date by which they have to either accept or decline the offer. This date is important for us with pending an open seat condition, because once accepted students start declining their seats (for whatever reason), we will start getting calls :))

I know, I was accepted under the same conditions as you. But, the admitted students are the ones that were offered a seat. These students are given the date by which they have to either accept or decline the offer. This date is important for us with pending an open seat condition, because once accepted students start declining their seats (for whatever reason), we will start getting calls :))

Usually they have 2 weeks from when the offer was placed to send in their deposit.  I believe that all of 50 students currently accepted have paid their deposits so now they will need to forfeit them if they choose to go to other schools... which doesn't give the rest of us a very good timeline.

Does anyone know how many applicants from the Oct. 9th interview have been offered spots yet? Just trying to figure out how many seats have opened up so far.  Anxiously waiting!!!

Looking back at the time line it seams like 3 applicants were accepted pending an open seat plus I know about another one. That makes it 4, but it could be more. One of four was called back with an open seat!! 

What it means is that you were 1 of >2000 applicants that were awarded 1 of 250-ish seats for interview and that depending on how that goes you still stand a chance of getting in.  Unless you're set on going to another school, and/or haven't interviewed at all, embrace it as an opportunity to make them get you into the class.  

At the worst, it's an educational experience making you a better candidate/student for another program this year or next.

Hey guys so I need some advice,

I have a slot for the Dec. 4th interview. But I am a little confused by the email from Dr. Simon. I am coming all the way from Florida and wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly what is going on. All 50 seats have been offered acceptance and from this point on only pending seats will be offered depending if a fellow applicant declines their spot. If that is correct does anyone know how many pending seats do they provide?

Thanks!

Archived