Shadowing at the same clinic I work

I’m a little confused by the intent of your question; if you’re asking is it okay to shadow a PA you work with, the answer is yes-no ethical conflict.  If you’re asking if you can count your paid working hours as PCE and shadow hours at the same time, the general consensus from posts on this forum is no-considered double dipping. I don’t know if there is any specific rule regarding this though. Maybe see if the programs are specific how this should be recorded.

Edited by Janie55

Schools like to see shadowing hours so they know that you have an understanding of what a PA is and what they do, but PCE hours are much more valuable than shadowing hours. Rather than saying you shadowed someone in the same clinic, explicitly work alongside x number of PAs when you describe an experience. Then a school will know that you’ve seen a PA at work without double dipping/making it look questionable/degrading your PCE. 

• Upvote 1