I've been reading up on previous posts, and also talking to a PA that I work with. From what I understand, the interview includes an essay, as well as an interview with some of the faculty members and an individual interview. Two of the PAs I work with right now graduated from schools in AZ, one from AT Still and one from Midwestern.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First school to hear back from and I received an invite for an interview! My interview is October 9th, best of luck to all you guys. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

Turbo,  do you remember when your application was verified in Caspa?  Just trying to find out the time lag from application time.  Thanks!

Congrats to everyone!! I'm so excited to be joining the class of 2017.

For those who have yet to interview, remember to be yourself. I feel like it really pays off. The faculty is super nice, very personable, and brings a wealth of knowledge to the table. They really want to get to know you and make sure that you are a good fit for the program.

I know interviewing is stressful. After my interview, I went home and slept the rest of the day. However, nerves are to be expected. Personally, the students and faculty made me feel very comfortable, and it was difficult to stay nervous. All of the interviewing felt like a "get to know you" conversation rather than all of the things I feared.

Best of luck to everyone! I can't wait to talk more and meet my fellow students. And I hope to see more postings of people as they continue their journeys :)

Well I haven't gotten a phone call, but I got my acceptance packet email today so I guess that works for me :] Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far, I am genuinely stoked because everyone I met at the interview last week was awesome! Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up! 

I also submitted my supplemental application last week.  It's driving me crazy!!!  I was about a month later than I planned because one of my references went on vacation. :(

I sent in my supplemental application on july 16th, I hope its not too late..I haven't heard back from them yet.. Anyone else in the same boat? 

Congrats to all that have already been accepted!

I was verified on July 8th. My secondary was submitted on the 15th and I just got an interview email today. Therefore Soei there may still be a chance...BUT The first interview date available wasn't until 11/6 :(  I feel like 11/6 will be too late but I wasn't able to submit my application any earlier so I guess I will just hope for the best. 

naylok, here are my stats:

B.S. in Molecular Biosciences and Biotechnology from Arizona State University

Overall GPA: 3.95

Science GPA: 3.95

HCE: ~650 hours at the time I submitted my CASPA (submitted 4/23, verified 5/12), >1000 now

Shadowing: >200 hours with an orthopedic PA

Research: >2000 hours in a biochemistry lab

My volunteering sections on CASPA were minimal as most of my volunteering counted as HCE.

Here are my stats:

BS in Public Health from Northern Arizona University

Overall GPA 3.75

Science GPA 3.79

Healthcare Experience > 12,000 hours as a Medical Assistant working in urology, and as a CNA prior to that.

I did some volunteer work in undeserved communities for my undergrad.

Archived