UNT-HSC 2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the interview it sounded like they're letting everyone know accepted/waitlist/decline within a couple weeks after each round of interviews....so I don't think they're full but rather placing people in a wait list category that they aren't accepting/declining right away.   I am still awaiting my results anxiously!

You're right on, Julie. From what I can tell, the bulk of people had already received calls for acceptance about the Monday after our interview. I think right now they're just sending out the waitlist/denied results. At any rate, I'm betting the waitlist will be pretty expansive as the school needs a pretty solid number of applicants it can draw from in the event that someone opts out of their acceptance to go to another school. I'm hopeful, but at the sametime on a time table. I hope I can hear back before January!

Best of luck to everyone else!

Hi everyone. I got an interview invite for Nov 2nd. This is my first interview and I am very nervous. So from reading previous comments I realized that there is an essay and a group task. Can someone tell me more about the essay and the group task? What does the group task consist of? Is it just a discussion or do we have to do something as a group. Also how long were you given to answer the essay question?

I emailed the school on Friday.  they said all applicants will have an answer mailed out no later Wednesday, October 23.  So by the end of the week everyone should know for sure.  this has been a long couple of weeks........

All applicants?? What about the ones who have not be invited for interviews? Does that mean no more interviews are being sent out?? :(

Hey Guys,

When did most of you that received interviews apply?  I'm freaking out wondering if I even got an interview, the wait is killing me!  Anyway, to give those of you who have been waitlisted some hope, I've heard that a lot of students that get waitlisted end up getting in, so stay strong!  Best of luck!

Hello everyone,

My CASPA was submitted on 7/20 and verified 7/23. My GRE wasn't sent until 8/14 because I took it in early August. I submitted my secondary shortly thereafter. As for stats, I do have a higher than average GPA. I worked as a scribe in the ED and Urology clinic for just under 4 years after undergrad so I have just under 9000 hours of HCE. I only have about 120 hours of volunteer experience though but I was pretty busy with school while in undergrad and working post grad. 

I do want to mention though that several of my friends who are currently in PA school had varying GPAs and HCE. There is still plenty of time for invites to be extended. One of the second year student ambassadors that sat with us during lunch at my interview said that she didn't interview until January! I know it can drive you insane but don't lose hope.

Best of luck! 

I haven't heard anything - possibly because my GRE score is low. I received an interview in Cali though - sadly it's far and that's the only one I have so far. Most of TX schools weeded me out due to taking 9-12 hrs of pre-reqs during the app cycle which isn't allowed or couldn't meet October deadline. Too bad, PA schools in TX don't allow pre-req completion prior to matriculation rather than a specific deadline. I changed my mind my last semester of college and was behind a few classes, but had all med school pre-reqs. 

I received an email in August within a few days of submitting my supplemental application that they want to wait until they receive my fall grades in December prior to making a final decision about my application. It makes me so nervous that the class will be full before they are even able to receive my final transcripts and review my application, but I guess that is better than getting an outright rejection and makes me think there is still hope!

Archived