UNT-HSC 2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with juliekdubois and gducky5. Don't be nervous. My 1:1 interviewer was very easygoing and made me feel relaxed. He appreciated that I brought a resume to my interview, but he was more interested in me explaining more about myself and truly letting him know why I was there and what my goals were. Be ready for the basic interview questions every school asks, but more importantly, know why you want to go to UNT. I think that's probably this hardest part for most people interviewing because it's hard to find minute differences from program to program, unless you have an exterior motivation probing you. 

Essay was pretty easy, I think. Only one page long and they give you well enough time to compose it. 

Group activity was a discussion and was fairly self explanatory, but ultimately it depends on the group of folks you're with. 

Lunch and a snack bar were provided throughout the breadth of the day and were more than accommodating. Good luck to all!

Hey guys! I just interviewed at UNT this past Saturday and thought I would give some words of encouragement.  The interview process went very smoothly and it was well planned out. The day consisted of a morning group of interviewees and an afternoon group of interviewees. In my afternoon group, we were served lunch, had an individual interview, a group activity, and a 20 minute essay. We were also taken on a campus tour with a student ambassador. It's easy to see why UNT students love their school so much! If you get an interview, you will find they make it enjoyable, easy-going and very informative. Good luck to everyone reading this thread! If you get into UNT, you will be in a great school.

I'm still awaiting an invitation. Both GPAs are a shade above a 3.0, but I do have a masters degree in athletic training and sports medicine. I have been working for an orthopedic and sports medicine clinic since finishing grad school in 2010 and have over 6000 hrs of healthcare experience. Anybody with similar stats in the same boat as me? Am I even considered "competitive?"

Gary Gostnell, MAT, ATC, LAT

Ggostnell@sportherapy.net

Gary, I interviewed last weekend.... the student ambassadors were very open and helpful.  Many of them interviewed in some of the last rounds of interviews and were accepted, so I wouldn't worry. If you look back at past posts, many were also accepted off the wait list after interviews.  You sound like you have a good background so I would just be patient :)

PS- I am from Fort Worth also!

After reading posts from folks accepted who have been PAs for a while and taking with them, they all seemed to give a very understandable message, "Trust yourself and know that whenever you get accepted...that is the time when you should be accepted." Everyone on here sounds like awesome applicants and everyone I interviewed with could and will be awesome PAs. Not everyone will get accepted when they want to, but they will be accepted eventually. It's all about how you see it. Have faith and keep working HARD!

Hey everyone! I wanted to congratulate the applicants who have received an offer of acceptance. Congrats Sirpaul1990 and lolita08!! I interviewed on Oct. 5, 2013 and I am “patiently” waiting.  As some applicants have already stated, the interview was tense-free and everyone I met was so nice.  I received basic questions during the 1:1 interview.  Also, I really enjoyed meeting potential classmates; everyone I met demonstrated great qualities.

gducky5, great words of encouragement and best of luck!

Archived