UW Yakima B.S. Interview

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again y'all!

I have to echo what Chris V. has already said. It was a pleasure meeting you all yesterday at lunch! I can gather from the number of you that I met that you are top quality candidates! Also, as Chris mentioned, I will be available to help answer any questions that you all may have that you don't feel were answered by us OR questions that you REALLY wanted to ask but thought that it was not the right time to ask them... I know yesterday flew by, you all were given a few curve-balls "ahem" the vocab/reading comp quiz... Seriously, if that is the ONLY thing you are sweating then welcome to MEDEX! Haha! Just to help calm some nerves the quiz is only to help identify areas that can be addressed to help you succeed as a student... not to see if you will be a good student, wink wink nudge nudge (so don't worry about it!) Aside from that I have no reason to believe that Yak-20 won't be an impressive class! Now, get back to waiting by your phone and having hallucinations of it ringing. I look forward to reading the posts from you all as the phone calls come rolling in...

-L

I've got to say without a doubt that the Traugh/Wood interview threw me the most. Very difficult men to read...if anyone else was born in West Virginia don't mention it to them, trust me haha. Having ya'll current students there was a huge help, you all did a lot to destress us. The humor interjected was great, and I look forward to hopefully being in your shoes next year.

So much fun getting to meet many of you at 2nd St Grill on Friday night!! I know how y'all are feeling right now. I hope the wait is short. I feel like we were very fortunate last year in that regard. It's out of your hands now, so just try to be confident in that you showed who you are, and try to enjoy some down time. After you are accepted, things will go super fast...believe me! Well, I guess I should get back to studying for finals. I am looking forward to hearing all the good news very soon!!!

Happy Holidays,

Sara

Thank you to all the Yakima current class who have encouraged and cheered us on! I loved getting to meet so many of you at dinner Friday night and during the selection conference Saturday. You guys are wonderful! Thanks for chiming in and helping to keep us sane while we await word on our fates as well :)

To my fellow candidates - you were all incredibly impressive in your passion for serving and your professional experience!!! I was honored to be among so many well qualified professionals. I truly am cheering for all of you to get the famous phone call!

Good luck on the rest of your finals!

Ric here. I'm a re-applicant to MEDEX - Tacoma site. I can't believe people are receiving phone calls so soon after your interview. Congratulations. Reading this posts is causing me to get excited about hopefully interviewing. Of course Tacoma applicants, to the best of my knowledge, have not received invites as of yet.

For those who interviewed and still patiently (haha) waiting, I know your pain. If the call doesn't come, remember to re-apply. There is light at the end of the tunnel, been there, done that.

Take care,

Ric

WOW Mike, GREAT JOB!!! I'm so proud of you. I have not heard anything yet. I wanted to thank you for the plug during the interview. That was very thoughtful and it made me proud of how far you have come. You are going to be a great PA and it was a privilege to have interviewed with ya. Keep me posted. - Cara

Congrats on receiving the call! What an amazing 4 days with the interview then the call. For those that did not receive the call don't freak out.. Last year it was very similar people started posting 4-5 days after the interview that they had been selected. The selection process is time consuming because they are trying to build the perfect fit for a limited number of seats. Ric is right if this isn't your year it doesn't mean you aren't qualified... RE-APPLY!!! I am in the same boat as Ric I am a re-applicant, this year I choose Tacoma as it fits my HCE more closely.

Ric,

I too am a re-applicant waiting for the invites for the Tacoma interview.. Hang in there man our turn should be coming soon.

Travis

Archived