UW Yakima B.S. Interview

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somtimes they will put you on a waitlist... not the greatest but it gives you a chance.

We had a military candidate that was selected and Uncle Sam called her back right before she was supposed to get out. She wound up getting deployed I think.

Other people may have interviewed at mulitple schools and are trying to pick which one they want to go into. Sometimes they will use applicants that interviewed for one site and use them to fill a completely different site.

We had one candidate that was on his third application to the Bachelors sites and he already had a degree so they offered him a spot in the Spokane Masters site.

We had one candidate that needed accommidations, so they moved her from Alaska to Washington (Spokane or Seattle ...cant remember) to be with her Family. SO... you never know.

All I can say is when you Drink the MEDEX kool-aid... it seeps into your soul and becomes a part of you =)

Congratulations to all that have got "The Call" and keep your hopes up to those of you that have not yet. MEDEX loves re-applicants that have improved and readied themselves for such a monumental task.

Anchorage Class 2

Spirit of MEDEX Recipient 2012

Academic Masters Candidate

Future Instructor/Lecturer (Tacoma Maybe!)

Hey folks,

I am a second-year student in Spokane, and I know a few of you here. I know it is tough waiting when you are seeing the great folks you met at your selection conference are getting the phone call that makes their hearts soar. Don't despair. This is a QUICK turn-around, and as others have mentioned, they can't call everyone in one day. Based on past years, there will be another interview later in the season (sometimes a composite in Seattle). Until you get a hardcopy "Dear John" letter in the mail, you are still in the hunt.

I am a successful re-applicant, so "I know this, man!" I really believe that you are ahead of the game as a member of this forum. You were in the first interview for your site (best shot). If for some reason you are not accepted this year, CALL the program office after the application season has ended and ask why. Attend a re-applicant information session.

Stay positive and keep your chins held high, everyone. MEDEX wanted to talk with you for a reason!

I'll be thinking of you. CHEERS!

~TCD

Hey all, I have not received a call yet either. I am patiently waiting and trying to stay optimistic. I am very happy for you all that have got the call and know that you will kick butt in school. I can only hope to get accepted with such a great group of people! It was really nice getting to meet many of you and I will keep you posted!

Hey guys and gals, this is Rose from Minnesota--I got the call yesterday!!! I am still in shock and, of course, freaking out about moving my family across the country. Congrats to everyone--you were all a great bunch to meet--I was very impressed with the high caliber of the applicant pool. See you in Seattle!

From a post in the Tacoma Class 1 forum. Hope it provides a little information.

To answer a couple of questions, to the best of my knowledge. The only thing mentioned about next round of interviews - they would continue through next month. I know it's vague, sorry.

During the process last year I called when I wasn't selected for the first round and I was told they had picked the top 25 for that round. I don't know how many were picked this year for the first round but I'm sure not all will be accepted. The only thing MEDEX has to go on for picking who they interview is the packets submitted. Just because you look good on paper does not mean you'll fit in or impress the interviewers. The whole process, for the applicants, seems long (it is) and painful (it is that too O_O.png), but bear (never sure if this the correct spelling for the work I want to use) in mind MEDEX's process is tried and true over many, many years.

Archived