UW Yakima B.S. Interview

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha! That's why I started it off with an apology. I the past timelines prove true and they do give 2wks notice I'm guessing we'll be hearing towards the 3rd week of this month. Keep thinking there's something I'm missing or should be working on...Unfortunately I can't think of anything! Gonna head out in the woods for a couple days to relax, of course then I'll just be freaking out about my lack of cell coverage/email access haha

Looks like we're all waiting in anticipation:) So how about meeting some of your fellow Yakima applicants and getting to know each other sooner? Feel free to let others know. Selah Library is now the only library with meeting space. No reservations needed, just show up. See you there!

Sat. Nov. 24, 1-2 pm

Selah Library- meeting room (under MEDEX)

106 South Second Street (First St. in Yakima leads to First St. in Selah; make a Left at Naches and 1st, and another L at the Ford dealership- assuming you're coming from Yakima)

509-698-7345

http://www.yvl.org/libraries/branchhours.php

If I lived on the Eastside I would be there in a minute, but sadly I am a Westside girl! If me theory is in anyway, shape or form, or even remotely close, I would think that they would be gathering applicants for the Yakima site within the next few weeks.....so an interview date might be something like December 1st or 8th, Tacoma following that and Alaska in January. I think that the UW breaks for the holidays around the 17th of December and doesn't resume classes until somewhere around the 7th of January. Certainly they will want to have things darn near wrapped up by then........right???? ; )

I just wish they'd hurry up...I'm doing the no-shave Movember deal and would LOVE an excuse to shave this damn itchy beard...Add in the fact that my original ginger coloring now apparently has this "grey" in it...Disappointing haha :) I will definitely try to make it, so of all of you who ARE applying to the Yakima campus, what's your story?

I'm a 30y/o medic, been in and out of EMS for around 10 years or so, living up in Wenatchee at the moment. Ready to move on to the next phase, very tired of just stabilizing patients, want to start fixing things!

I'm a former army medic/urology tech. After 3 years I got out & worked as a CNA & MA for more than twenty years, with about half of that in primary care, & the other half in specialties. And, for the last 3 years I have also been teaching medical assisting in the evenings. I'm 45 years old.

I am 46 year old female, I have worked for 15 years as a Medical Assistant primarily in the OBGYN field, currently working in Microbiology for Multicare. I left my full time position 3 yrs ago to finally pursue my own schooling and am thrilled to actually be at this point! I have spent lots of time shadowing Primary Care PA's and done a bit with a local Cardio Thoracic group (I don't think that I emphasized that enough on my application but oh well). I selected Yakima as my 1st choice but live in Gig Harbor, a bedroom community to Tacoma, when asked, I indicated that I would be interested in the Tacoma site. Ultimately, I hope to work and live on the Eastside somewhere, but who knows. MediMike.....it all starts in the beard, then the eyes go and before you know it, you find yourself wondering WTF??? Who is that person in the mirror?! Haha..... Cheers friends! It is my sincere wish that in time all of our paths will cross!

I spent a number of years growing up in Gig Harbor, lovely town, although last time I went by it had grown up quite a bit! Believe me, the eyes are on their way haha...I find myself picking up medications and doing the whole closer-far away thing as I try to read them. Really sneaks up on ya! Sounds like a great mix of experiences here, looking forward to meeting everyone (hopefully) on the 24th! (Shaved the beard out of distress and anger)

Archived