UW Yakima B.S. Interview

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotcha!

I am leaning towards Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express I think. Will firm up my plans tomorrow. Anyone else driving from Seattle area Friday? I would be glad to exchange cell #s so we can connect in case anyone has trouble with the pass or getting there. Weather / road conditions / autos should not stand in any of our ways!!!

Anyone have any idea what the "group activities" will entail?

Will it be like "fall backwards into so and so's arms" or a game of charades... or...?

Ar the Seattle masters interview the group activities were a financial aid lecture/ Q&A, a video presentation on the program, and talking to each other while we waited for our next interview.

Based on the forums - I see 11 of us confirmed for dinner. I'm making the reservation for 6:30 PM. Although I think most of us will be in town by 6 PM - I figure an extra half hour for emergencies, problems with hotel check-ins, power naps / freshening up after travelling would be great :)

For those travelling from far out of town, or from the Seattle area, I have 3 extra seats in my car to get people either to Yakima or to dinner, or to the interviews if anyone needs help. Just private message me and we can work out arrangements!

Thanks,

Tracie

Hey Tracie,

Count me in for 2nd street! I'm from Yakima and can tell you that 2nd street hosts "first Fridays" where they setup a dance floor and specials on drinks. It should be quiet enough until 9-10ish. I look forward to meeting you all and wish you a safe trip here! Thank you Tracie for helping organize this too!

Jeff

Hello everyone here. I have to confess that I've been watching from the shadows, holding my breath waiting for an interview. My name is Peter and I'm from Spokane. I finally got the invite on the 21st and I'd love to join you all for dinner. Would that be alright? I saw the location and time, I just have to get into town at a reasonable time. I may not make it until about 9:00 or so. If I can't make it, good luck, and I will be looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi, I am coming a little late to the party. But, my name is Tawna and I am a first year student in Yakima and wasn't sure if anyone from my class has touched base with you guys. We have a "mentor-type" from the class ahead of us and it has been VERY helpful. He met us the night before interviews for a little informal Q&A, which went miles to help with the nerves (not really, but it sounds good:-)). Anyway, just wanted to say hello and offer any direction I can. I will also be at the interview site on Saturday morning to help with that.

Reading this thread is giving me a little retro-anxiety, I know EXACTLY how you are all feeling right now. It's so exciting to see the next class coming in. Let me know if you have any questions.

It will all be fine! I swear!!! If I can get to a this point, anyone can!

Best wishes,

Tawna

Hi Tracie!

Would love to, even if just for a little while. Do you want me to rally a few others? Have you heard from anyone else in our class? We have finals next week, but I know there are at least a few who would be interested.

Congratulations on your interview invitation!

Archived