UW Yakima B.S. Interview

Congratulations Mike! You did awesome! I think you impressed Traugh/ Wood alright:) 1st interview are toughest cause we don't know what to expect. I could imagine you swerving when you got the call. Good thing Medex leaves message, hehe. Now go celebrate, cause before you know it, your next break will be next summer.

-M

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all who have received the call! I'm thrilled for all of you who will be representing Yakima in class 20! It's and E-ticket ride folks, so get in and buckle up!

I know it is PAINFUL waiting, but keep the faith if you haven't heard yet. It will happen!!

It was a privilege and an honor to meet you all last weekend! There are such amazing things ahead for all of you! Keep us posted!

Tawna

Isn't the rule that the first person posting that they got selected buys the first round at the first class get together? :-) Congrats you guys...for the rest of you, may I recommend some Prilosec? If you don't have an ulcer yet, you will soon enough. Good luck! It's a fast ride...

Being the highly paid private company paramedic that I am it shouldn't be a problem...(Yikes!) Maybe I should just start brewing again...?

Cara it wasn't a plug! It was simply the truth, and I think we've both seen some significant changes in the last 9 years haha.

Tawna and Mary thank you both so much...as it gets closer to Summer expect a deluge of frantic emails about financial aid and housing, maybe we can work out some kind of exchange rate of frosty adult beverages for information...?

Another round of calls should be coming in a few more hours! Good luck to all still waiting, there were a lot of really great folks at the interview and i am excited to see more of you get the calls (or the message in my case haha).

Peter: Yes it is Dave the X-ray tech/reapplicant from seattle, excited that you to got the call!

Mary: Thank you for the kind words, hope to hear your joining our class as well!

To everyone else still waiting, I know what your going through. I made it to the interview last year but didn't get the call. It sucks, we have all put so much into this thing and come so far, that it just plain hurts to not get the opportunity. I just want to encourage everyone to keep pursuing your dream. DO NOT GIVE UP ....if i can get in anyone of you can. Dave

Another round of calls should be coming in a few more hours! Good luck to all still waiting, there were a lot of really great folks at the interview and i am excited to see more of you get the calls (or the message in my case haha).

Peter: Yes it is Dave the X-ray tech/reapplicant from seattle, excited that you to got the call!

Mary: Thank you for the kind words, hope to hear your joining our class as well!

To everyone else still waiting, I know what your going through. I made it to the interview last year but didn't get the call. It sucks, we have all put so much into this thing and come so far, that it just plain hurts to not get the opportunity. I just want to encourage everyone to keep pursuing your dream. DO NOT GIVE UP ....if i can get in anyone of you can. Dave

I am THRILLED for you!!!!! Congratulations!

So, last year when they made acceptance calls they waited until Thursday. I didn't get called on that Thursday and found out later that all the calls that were going to be made from my interview group were made that day... After reading about the acceptance calls yesterday I began to lose hope about this years chances. I began to think about the advice given after interviews last week, particularly about PA school needing to fit the applicant as much as the applicant fits the school. I decided that regardless of what happened I would make the best of this interview process and reflect on myself again, to prepare for the future. I give the same advice to those still waiting to be accepted - first, take some time to write how you feel about this whole process so far. Write down what you think you did well and your strong points. Then list what areas you think you need to improve on. Use this next year to improve yourself in all areas possible. If the call doesn't come this time, don't despair, a year is not a long time, and you can/should always try again, especially if you think MEDEX is right for you. When I got my letter last year I was definitely bummed for a few days, but I used the time to prepare myself for the next round. MEDEX respects re-applicants, as long as they made efforts to improve themselves, and you will be a much better applicant next time around. I am humbled to announce that I too got an acceptance call today, re-applicants rule!

What an exciting 48 hours! Watching the news come in has been better than election night!!! I can't tell you how excited I am for each of you who have received the call. Your life has just turned a corner and what an amazing ride it will be!! I would love to stay in touch with you all and know that if there is anything at all I can do for you, I am an email or a call away!!

Wow!!!!!! :=D:

Tawna

Archived