UW Yakima B.S. Interview

Wishing all of the Yakima applicants the best of luck on this very special and important weekend. Good luck to all. The interview will be great.. Just remember they want to know as much about you as you should want to know about the program. I interviewed last year and something that my mother-in-law told me was don't worry about the great things you forgot to say, they only know the great things that you do say. Try to stay calm! Your application, essays, and letters of recommendation have earned you a MEDEX interview!!! Remember they are trying to find the most cohesive fit for the overall class. Remember team, remember what makes you important to their program and what you offer to the future of healthcare, you are interviewing for a reason. Being a PA and practicing medicine has to be about teamwork first and foremost otherwise patients are put at jeopardy... Be yourself and enjoy the experience. I look forward to the coming posts after you receive the infamous call!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:=Z:Well here I sit in-between flights in the Seattle terminal waiting to board for Yakima. Looking at everyone wondering if they are interviewing or ADCOM or normal people going about their everyday travel business. I shouldnt have had that coffee on the plane . A woman across the room looked back at me and we shared eye contact and for a moment it felt like we were in this together. Her eyes twinkled and she nodded slightly as if to say..."I know, its cool man", Like she understands exactly how I feel. She has to be with MEDEX. Nope... there she goes on a flight for Canada, she was probably just wondering why I keep looking at everyone. Yeah safe to say nerves are setting in. Why is everyone in this airport dressed so nice? Everybody looks like they walked out of a Sears catalog. Traveling always messes up my stomach, or am I nervous? hard to tell...

See you all tonight.

Hey everyone,

Wanted to wish you all safe travels as you make your way to Yakima today. We are looking forward to meeting you all.

I also wanted to put it out there that some of us will be meeting you at dinner tonight and couldn't be more thrilled about it. But, wanted to also let you know that this is strictly to meet, greet and help calm nerves. There will be no coaching, tips or inside info on interview questions, as it is VERY important to maintain the integrity of the process. It could also be really detrimental to us if we are seen as compromising that. With that said, we are excited to support you as people who have been there and let you know it is worth it and you will get through it.

See you this evening!

Tawna

Does anyone care to share the details of the day with the tacoma people who are still waiting?

Details about the day. Hmmm a reading and vocab test is sprung on you. A lot of mingling in between interviews. I didnt get asked a lot of the questions I thought I was going to be. I dunno what else I can say without ruining the integrity of the situation.

Have fun, make connections with your fellow candidates.

I met some very cool cats and had a blast in and out of interviews.

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris and I am one of the current Yakima MEDEX student who you met today. I was the one sitting on the table during the "meet and greet." I just wanted to let you know how wonderful it was to meet you all today. I was fortunate to meet some really awesome candidates and I have to say that everyone I talked to was great today! I wanted to extend out my help for anyone curious about what to expect and what to prepare for as this week moves forward. Due to time and other unforeseeable obstacles I was unable to answer some of the questions during the lunch in and figured this would be a good place to re-open that opportunity. Soooo.... If you have any additional questions feel free to fire away or message me.

Chris

P.S. From the looks of today and this message board, YAKIMA 20 IS GOING TO ROCK! keep up the good work and enjoy your December... Because come January you might be A PA-S!

Damn. Way to go everybody. I interviewed with some great people, and met some others who I would be more than proud to be in class with. It was a tough day, I started off strong not believing the "being mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted" line, which did end up proving to be true. I'm sorry I missed the decompression session at 2nd Street, unfortunately you all waited too long for me haha. You all did great, and I wish everyone the best. Tawna, Rachel, Joe, Sarah thank you all for meeting us the prior evening, it was a huge help. To all today, I wish you the best, and look forward to seeing you in class this summer!

WOW! Is all I can say about yesterday. I was truly impressed to be surrounded by so many talented people with true passion for serving the communities! I was worried when I left initially, because I wasn't exhausted.... but I think that was the adrenaline that was still pumping. By the time I got home - it was true - I was emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausted. After a good night of sleep - I must say I am still emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausted. Trying not to think of all the things I wished I'd shared about myself or my journey to apply for the prestigious MEDEX program.

MisterCire - I can offer this in regards to suggestions about preparing for your interview. Know in your heart why you want to be a PA, be yourself, smile, shake hands, and get to know people. For me - the more time I spent interacting with others, the less time I spent worrying about my next interview session, which meant I didn't allow myself much time for the anxiety to get grip on me. It also reassured me that if I don't get in this year - it doesn't mean it's not because I'm not a good provider, it's because there is an incredibly talented group of people all going for a very limited number of seats. When the Tacoma interview happens, I would be glad to meet up with you guys the night before.

For those currently in the MEDEX class who came and supported us both at dinner the night before and yesterday during lunch - THANK YOU!!!!! From the bottom of my heart! You guys were incredible!

Mister- Be yourself. Don't give fake canned responses, don't try to tell them what they want to hear. It's the advice that always gets thrown around, but I was in an interview with another candidate, and it was fairly obvious that the spiel was rehearsed. The interviewers actually want to know YOU, and how YOU think. When you get your interview schedule take a look at it, and try to meet up with the other candidates who you'll be interviewing with, like Tracie said, the more time you spend socializing, then less time you spend freaking out. Giant. Deep. Breaths. (Of course take all of this with a grain of salt, I could be entirely off track haha, if I get the phone call that will validate this response some I suppose...)

Thanks Tracie...I am trying hard not to really worry about any of it (well with the exception of acutally getting an invite to interview : ) )......it's going to be what it's going to be, I just wasn't sure if Siskiyou was kidding or not! Glad you made it home safe and sound! You can be sure that I will be lurking to see your reactions when you ALL get your offers, reading the posts from the Spokane group was very fun!!!!

All The Best ~ AS

Archived