Yale Online 2023-2024 Cycle

1 hour ago, kaba29 said:

@Persistandsuceed Thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate them. I interviewed last year but not this year. With the new director and the class size decreasing from 56 last year to 40 this year, it is even more difficult for ADCOM to pick from so many qualified candidates. I want this program to soar. I was lucky enough to be accepted to 2 programs in the last few weeks, one very close to my home, allowing me to stay close to my husband and kids.  I wish the best to everyone still applying and waiting to hear and those who have been accepted. I look forward to working with you all someday.

This tells about your maturity. Glad you are accepted to a program that is close to home and that will allow you to become an amazing provider in the future. 
yes, program is extremely competitive and we are all great applicants. 🤞☺️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FuturePAZA said:

Has anyone else received an interview invite? My application went under review June 15th and I am still waiting to hear back! 

I received an invite and I was under review on 6/16. Not sure if they are going in chronological order necessarily.  Although, I did apply on 6/6.

Hope you get some good news soon!

On 8/4/2023 at 11:17 AM, PrePAdadof4 said:

Just received an interview invite!

Interviewing 9/14! Stoked!!!

Applied 6/6

Verified and under review 6/16

Check those emails!

I am thrilled for you! I saw your other post with your stats, and it looks like you will be an exceptional candidate! I wish you the absolute best on your interview.

I just want to wish all of you that have interviewed or who do interview with YPAO the best of luck! Unfortunately, I received my rejection letter on 8/4, but I'm excited for you all that are still in the running. If things don't work out with the other schools I applied to this cycle, I'll definitely be strengthening my application and applying to this program again next year. 

I know the waiting is so hard, so I wanted to share that I was invited for an interview and provide the timing.

I was verified on 6/23 and invited to interview on 8/4. The first available interview date was 9/7. I'm a bit nervous about the interview process (3 hours+) MMI + 2, 30-min personal + a writing portion. Lots to mentally prepare for, and first time interviewing.

Wishing you all luck! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AngieJ said:

I am thrilled for you! I saw your other post with your stats, and it looks like you will be an exceptional candidate! I wish you the absolute best on your interview.

Thank you for your encouraging words! 

I'm really impressed with your poise and character after not getting an invite. Taking the time to still be engaged in this forum and celebrate with others is next-level empathy. I'm sure you'll make an amazing PA!

1 hour ago, TiffanyC said:

I know the waiting is so hard, so I wanted to share that I was invited for an interview and provide the timing.

I was verified on 6/23 and invited to interview on 8/4. The first available interview date was 9/7. I'm a bit nervous about the interview process (3 hours+) MMI + 2, 30-min personal + a writing portion. Lots to mentally prepare for, and first time interviewing.

Wishing you all luck! 

Congratulations on the invite! It must have come a little after mine on the 4th as my interview is on the 14th.

Yeah the format is quite a mixed bag, isn't it? The main head-scratcher for me is the written portion. Not quite sure how to prepare for that. Maybe set yourself a timer and have someone give you a random essay prompt? At least this would help with getting your thoughts down in an efficient manner.

Let me know if you find anything helpful for preparation. Also, good luck on your interview, possible future classmate! 

6 hours ago, PrePAdadof4 said:

Congratulations on the invite! It must have come a little after mine on the 4th as my interview is on the 14th.

Yeah the format is quite a mixed bag, isn't it? The main head-scratcher for me is the written portion. Not quite sure how to prepare for that. Maybe set yourself a timer and have someone give you a random essay prompt? At least this would help with getting your thoughts down in an efficient manner.

Let me know if you find anything helpful for preparation. Also, good luck on your interview, possible future classmate! 

Thanks! I’m going to reach out to my admissions guy, as he mentioned he would walk me through the interview process if I was offered one. From past research, the written aspects in PA interviews traditionally have been ethical and situational scenarios, but I’m not sure if that’s the same for this program. I’ll let you know when I find out!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bwienz5 said:

Does anyone from the 7/20-8/11 interviews know when we are supposed to hear something back? Im not sure if they told us or not during the actual interview itself

Last year it was about a week after the post interview session. So I wouldn't expect anything until after 8/17!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SNK703 said:

Last year it was about a week after the post interview session. So I wouldn't expect anything until after 8/17!

@bwienz5
My post interview session was on 7/27 and they told us at ours (which may not apply to the other post interview sessions because we originally got told we would find out 2 weeks after the post interview session during the actual interview) that we would all know the next day! Hope that provides some clarity

Edited by Onedayapa11