Yale Online 2023-2024 Cycle

Hi Lisa! Thanks for starting this thread! My name is Angie. I'm also a first time applicant, and excited to see what this cycle has in store.  Good luck to you, too!

I submitted my application 5/1/23, was verified 5/2/23, and received an email stating that it was in review on 5/4/23. I hope we hear back from them in the next few weeks!

Edited by AngieJ
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, AngieJ said:

Hi Lisa! Thanks for starting this thread! My name is Angie. I'm also a first time applicant, and excited to see what this cycle has in store.  Good luck to you, too!

I submitted my application 5/1/23, was verified 5/2/23, and received an email stating that it was in review on 5/4/23. I hope we hear back from them in the next few weeks!

Good luck it seems like from previous cycles we should hear back hopefully in a month or so. 

• Like 1

Hey Guys! My name is Andie. I applied to YPAO last cycle and was waitlisted. I loved this program before interviewing in the 2022/2023 cycle and fell for it even more after the post-interview. I applied on 5/12/23 and verified on 5/15/23.  I received the call and email today; my app is now being reviewed.  

Good Luck to everyone!

Edited by kaba29

Hi there, my name is Sarah and I'm a first-year student in the Yale PA Online program. I was in the same shoes as many of you exactly 1 year ago today and I know how nerve-racking the process can be. Feel free to reach out to me with questions – I am best reached on here or via Instagram @theonlinepas. I won't be able to answer any questions about interviews but can speak on my experience in the program thus far. Fingers crossed and good luck to all of you. 🤍

• Like 9

On 5/22/2023 at 3:04 PM, theonlinepas said:

Hi there, my name is Sarah and I'm a first-year student in the Yale PA Online program. I was in the same shoes as many of you exactly 1 year ago today and I know how nerve-racking the process can be. Feel free to reach out to me with questions – I am best reached on here or via Instagram @theonlinepas. I won't be able to answer any questions about interviews but can speak on my experience in the program thus far. Fingers crossed and good luck to all of you. 🤍

Sarah, thank you so much for reaching out to us as applicants! I've been very impressed with everything I have read and seen about YPAO. It sounds amazing! I know that you have certain live virtual lectures/PBL, but I am curious how many hours a week of prerecoreded lectures you typically have? And beyond virtual and recorded classes/lectures, approximately how many hours do you and your classmates typically dedicate to other assignments and studying? Thanks again for being so gracious in offering to be a resource for us!

• Like 1

Hello! Great question. We have 8 classes total. All lectures are prerecorded and the hours of lecture content varies by class and week. Some classes may have 4 hours of content for the week while other classes may have 20 minutes. I'd estimate on average there's a total of 10 hours of lecture content to go through for each week, although note that it will take longer to go through it if you're like me and like to pause the lecture to understand the concepts and make Anki cards/take notes.

We have problem based learning (PBL) live Zoom sessions for 2 hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We also have clinical experience in early didactic (CEED) for 4 hours per week. Most of your time will be spent reviewing the lecture material, supplementing the material with outside resources, or completing assignments by the end of the week (typically 2-6 assignments which also varies by week).

We all have lives outside of school and have been able to make time to spend with our families and friends. I'm at my computer most of the day but I do set aside a few hours per day to spend on self care and hanging out with loved ones. Hope that's helpful!

Edited by theonlinepas
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

GPA 4.0

Science 3.86

Certified medical Assistant 

Highest level of education Master's Degree  

Patient care/ Healthcare Experience over 30,000

PA shadowing Ex 80 hrs.

Volunteer hours 

Really good personal statement letter- I believe is very important

I can't remember the rest but think this land me an interview. 

On 5/24/2023 at 7:16 PM, theonlinepas said:

Hello! Great question. We have 8 classes total. All lectures are prerecorded and the hours of lecture content varies by class and week. Some classes may have 4 hours of content for the week while other classes may have 20 minutes. I'd estimate on average there's a total of 10 hours of lecture content to go through for each week, although note that it will take longer to go through it if you're like me and like to pause the lecture to understand the concepts and make Anki cards/take notes.

We have problem based learning (PBL) live Zoom sessions for 2 hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We also have clinical experience in early didactic (CEED) for 4 hours per week. Most of your time will be spent reviewing the lecture material, supplementing the material with outside resources, or completing assignments by the end of the week (typically 2-6 assignments which also varies by week).

We all have lives outside of school and have been able to make time to spend with our families and friends. I'm at my computer most of the day but I do set aside a few hours per day to spend on self care and hanging out with loved ones. Hope that's helpful!

Definitely helpful! Thank you for sharing. How long into the program did it take for you to find your rhythm? 

Edited by ArmyWifePA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ArmyWifePA said:

Definitely helpful! Thank you for sharing. How long into the program did it take for you to find your rhythm? 

Glad that was helpful. I figured out a study routine that worked well for me around my first 4-6 weeks in the program and I felt significantly less stressed post-midterms once I knew what was to be expected. Many of us have been able to manage spending time with our spouses/kids, hobbies, working part-time (although not recommended by the program), etc. PA school is an adjustment but it will become less stressful once you find your rhythm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone! This is my first application cycle, and I am in the process of buttoning up my CASPA application. I'm just curious, for those who have already applied, what was your approach to the optional 3000-character statement in the program materials section? I don't have any real issues that need explaining, but I've also heard never to leave anything blank that could be an opportunity to let the admissions committee get to know you. Am I overthinking this?

9 minutes ago, PrePAdadof4 said:

Hi everyone! This is my first application cycle, and I am in the process of buttoning up my CASPA application. I'm just curious, for those who have already applied, what was your approach to the optional 3000-character statement in the program materials section? I don't have any real issues that need explaining, but I've also heard never to leave anything blank that could be an opportunity to let the admissions committee get to know you. Am I overthinking this?

I wouldn’t leave this part blank, this is your chance to essentially explain any weak spots in your application. You can talk about anything you feel is important to mention so the admissions committee can see who you are. It’s my first time applying that’s how I interpreted it, and I wrote about my gpa being lower and what I’ve done to overcome it and how I plan to be a better student in the PA program. Not sure if that helps, but definitely don’t leave it blank in my honest opinion. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 5:16 PM, theonlinepas said:

Thank you, Sarah! That gives me a much better picture of the time I would expect to dedicate to classes and studying each week.