Yale Online 2023-2024 Cycle

On 9/18/2023 at 6:56 AM, PrePAdadof4 said:

First name is Ian. I was the bearded guy from Michigan. Were you there last Thursday as well?

I was interviewed 9/7… but I don’t remember seeing your name on the screen- maybe they had multiple groups that day. But- I’ll see you tonight! If the process repeats itself like the last interview block- we should hear news the day after our post-interview session which is tomorrow!!

1 hour ago, TiffanyC said:

I was interviewed 9/7… but I don’t remember seeing your name on the screen- maybe they had multiple groups that day. But- I’ll see you tonight! If the process repeats itself like the last interview block- we should hear news the day after our post-interview session which is tomorrow!!

Next day would be awesome!

I interviewed on the 14th so we wouldn't have seen each other 

On 9/21/2023 at 9:11 PM, TiffanyC said:

I saw you tonight! What a great post-session w/ the students... but, darn it, sounds like we have to wait until next Weds to hear back! I'll be refreshing this forum all week to see reports! 

Yeah, I think the session was really good last night. Having a whole hour to chat with the students was great and very informative. 

Well we've waited this long, what's another couple days (nervous laugh).

Actually, I get butterflies just thinking about Wednesday. 

• Like 1

I just got the call - I got in! I can't believe it! For those of you who didn't get in, I know exactly how you feel. Last year I applied and was waitlisted and then not selected. Don't give up on your dreams. You can do this!!! For those of you who got in, let's party together. Is there a discord or anything set up yet? I would love to Zoom and celebrate this evening with you all. 🙂

• Like 3

Just now, Dreaming said:

I just got the call - I got in! I can't believe it! For those of you who didn't get in, I know exactly how you feel. Last year I applied and was waitlisted and then not selected. Don't give up on your dreams. You can do this!!! For those of you who got in, let's party together. Is there a discord or anything set up yet? I would love to Zoom and celebrate this evening with you all. 🙂

Congrats Fellow Classmate! on Page 6 of this forum there is a link to private FB page for our class. See you there! 

3 minutes ago, Dreaming said:

Congratulations to you and @TiffanyC, I'm so happy for you both! For someone who's applying next cycle, any advice for the interview? 🙂 

13 minutes ago, PrePAdadof4 said:

Waitlisted

I know that was not the news you wanted, but it's better than a rejection! They want you and would take you if they had more spots... this year it is just half the amount of spots available, it's so crazy. I'm still holding out hope you'll get a call in October that they are ready for you:)  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TiffanyC said:

I know that was not the news you wanted, but it's better than a rejection! They want you and would take you if they had more spots... this year it is just half the amount of spots available, it's so crazy. I'm still holding out hope you'll get a call in October that they are ready for you:)  

Thanks for the encouragement! Definitely appreciated 

• Like 2

@Katherine16 I would say the interview is the easy part. I think the waiting is the hard part. If you want to do anything, it may help to use some free online videos to better understand how an MMI interview works. I think this can be a good exercise just to get you more comfortable with the format. Honestly, I would try to not overthink it though as they just want to get an idea of who you are and to make sure that this is a good program match. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nubriya2005 said:

Congrats guys!!!!! the only thing I regret during my interview is I didn't ask follow-up questions at the end. Do you guys think this will majorly impact my chances of getting in? 

7 hours ago, Katherine16 said:

Congratulations to you and @TiffanyC, I'm so happy for you both! For someone who's applying next cycle, any advice for the interview? 🙂 

Thanks! I did pay for a Mock Interview with an actual PA for the personal questions, she was helpful in helping me get my focus rights...  and I got the book for the MMI questions "How to Ace the PA school Interview" by Andrw Rodican. I used it like a workbook and read every question- very helpful. I also practiced OUT LOUD! So akward, but it made a difference 🙂 Good luck!

• Like 1