Yale Online 2023-2024 Cycle

6 hours ago, Lizks said:

I did apologize as I retracted my comment, as I do not know the way Yale determines a population status.

I work very hard too as I am sure the whole forum does.

Read a comment more carefully before you call anyone insensitive. That is unwarranted as well. 

I’m sorry if I offended you. My comment was not aimed toward you, but it was definitely inspired. I was not asking for an apology.

I have heard comments like that since high school when I got into my top college, so it’s a common and very damaging mindset people simply grow up with. I’m glad you realized it, though!

Hoping you get into your top program. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lisa1 said:

You are absolutely right! I apologize now if my comment regarding low gpa came off as insensitive that was not my point at all. I’m sure everyone here has a strong application or they wouldn’t be applying, I wish everyone luck and those that are getting ready for interviews you’re going to do great!  And good luck to you as well hopefully the waiting game isn’t too long. 

Lisa1, I saw you over in Rutgers too!

I hope you get into both!

• Upvote 1

Hey all!

CASPA verified (finally) on 6/16!

As I optimistically attempt to prep for the interview that I have yet to be invited to, are there any resources people are passionate about when preparing for the MMI format?  

Any ideas short of paying thousands of dollars to BeMo would be greatly appreciated!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, PrePAdadof4 said:

Hey all!

As I optimistically attempt to prep for the interview that I have yet to be invited to, are there any resources people are passionate about when preparing for the MMI format?  

Any ideas short of paying thousands of dollars to BeMo would be greatly appreciated!

Bump! I have the same question! 

13 hours ago, PrePAdadof4 said:

Hey all!

Not sure if you have Savannah Perry's Interview Guide, but she has a great deal of common MMI interview questions and how to approach them. MMI's are suppose to pull out your "on-the-spot" type of answer so I would say it is hard to fully "prepare answers" for MMI questions. However, I thought that the book gave a great way of approaching these types of questions so you don't just babble on and on. 🙂 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PrePAGal707 said:

hi! I applied a few weeks ago and did not get anything saying received or verified from Yale but it is complete on CASPA. Should I be worried?

I wouldn’t be worried I’m sure they have it if it says verified on CASPA, they most likely are receiving a lot of application so it’s probably delaying them from sending the email. You can always reach out to make sure they have received it 

5 hours ago, PrePAGal707 said:

hi! I applied a few weeks ago and did not get anything saying received or verified from Yale but it is complete on CASPA. Should I be worried?

They only receive the application once it is VERIFIED on CASPA. Make sure you are checking for any requests from CASPA. I had to drive to my college from 07' to get a document sent in before they would verify. 

Also, when mine got verified, I sent an email to my Yale Online general admissions staff (shout out to Brian Ingram) notifying him that it was verified. He responded and within one minute of his response, I saw an official Yale PA Online response saying they received and are reviewing the application. 🤞

You can do this!💪

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bwienz5 said:

Does anyone have any idea of when the next round of interview invites will be sent out? Last year I heard back in less than three weeks and this year it has been well over a month of waiting for me!

I saw somewhere interviews sent out for July already, I agree last year was super fast for me, but I keep telling myself it’s a different program director this year so she maybe vetting completely different! Which is why it may take longer. Also there are far less seats than previous years, so perhaps they are combing through applications even more? Good luck! I hope you hear soon! 🙂 

1 hour ago, AngieJ said:

For those of you that have already interviewed, have they gotten back to you yet on whether you have been offered a seat in the program? In the past I think most were offered a spot, told they were on the wait list, etc. within a few weeks of interviewing.

I think people start to hear about acceptances after the post interview session! But I could be wrong. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 2:34 PM, AngieJ said:

For those of you that have already interviewed, have they gotten back to you yet on whether you have been offered a seat in the program? In the past I think most were offered a spot, told they were on the wait list, etc. within a few weeks of interviewing.

I interviewed on June 13 and was informed we will not hear back until a couple weeks after our post-interview session July 27, sadly!

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Onedayapa11 said:

I interviewed on June 13 and was informed we will not hear back until a couple weeks after our post-interview session July 27, sadly!

Can you (or anyone) speak a bit more about the post-interview session? Is it kind-of like a meet and greet with previous students, or an info session? I'm not applying until next cycle but I'm so curious!

It’s both! In previous years it begins with an info session that dives deeper into how the program is set up (organ system approach) and what platforms they use. After the info session you get split into break out rooms with student ambassadors. This is your opportunity to ask current students anything and everything. It’s honestly really neat and will make you fall more in love with the program. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2023 at 3:13 PM, PrePAdadof4 said:

They only receive the application once it is VERIFIED on CASPA. Make sure you are checking for any requests from CASPA. I had to drive to my college from 07' to get a document sent in before they would verify. 

Also, when mine got verified, I sent an email to my Yale Online general admissions staff (shout out to Brian Ingram) notifying him that it was verified. He responded and within one minute of his response, I saw an official Yale PA Online response saying they received and are reviewing the application. 🤞

You can do this!💪

ahh amazing! would you be able to give me Brians email?