Yale Online 2023-2024 Cycle

6 hours ago, awjs21 said:

Has anyone who applied in August heard anything yet?

I applied on July 1 and was verified July 6, and I am still waiting to hear back. Not sure if they’re doing rolling admissions and going by order received, but if they are it may take awhile for them to get to those who applied in August. Hope you hear back soon though! We’re all in this waiting game together 🤞🏼

2 hours ago, MalMal said:

I applied on July 1 and was verified July 6, and I am still waiting to hear back. Not sure if they’re doing rolling admissions and going by order received, but if they are it may take awhile for them to get to those who applied in August. Hope you hear back soon though! We’re all in this waiting game together 🤞🏼

Thank you! I hope you hear back soon too!

On 8/20/2023 at 5:52 PM, SNK703 said:

Also got an acceptance call Friday night! Good luck to everyone still going through the process. I’m a second time applicant who was waitlisted and rejected last year. 

Hi do you mind sharing your interview experience? I heard that it is one on one this year and that there is a written portion as well? Just trying to get my mind right for what is to come 🙂 

I applied in august. Was emailed last week I was in review which was the day after I paid the supplemental fee..received a rejection without interview email today. I got a 3.7 gpa, over 4000 PCE hours, 4 publications, over 2000 volunteer hours, 5 leadership roles, non traditional, minority in an underserved area, was in the foster care system and became a teen mom…and still finished my undergrad and masters and did well. The reason I’m saying this, is yeah for sure I’m upset…but also, I don’t know what it takes to get into a school anymore and I’m exhausted and yeah, my feelings are hurt. I couldn’t afford to pay for more than two school applications with the fee assistance as well. This was the only program I could have done (and done well) as a mom with no family. So for the rest of you all, keep your head up and just keep going. It’s all we can do and I hope we all make it where we want to go when it’s our time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Mecmillertx said:

I applied in august. Was emailed last week I was in review which was the day after I paid the supplemental fee..received a rejection without interview email today. I got a 3.7 gpa, over 4000 PCE hours, 4 publications, over 2000 volunteer hours, 5 leadership roles, non traditional, minority in an underserved area, was in the foster care system and became a teen mom…and still finished my undergrad and masters and did well. The reason I’m saying this, is yeah for sure I’m upset…but also, I don’t know what it takes to get into a school anymore and I’m exhausted and yeah, my feelings are hurt. I couldn’t afford to pay for more than two school applications with the fee assistance as well. This was the only program I could have done (and done well) as a mom with no family. So for the rest of you all, keep your head up and just keep going. It’s all we can do and I hope we all make it where we want to go when it’s our time. 

I’m sorry to hear that 😞 It sounds like you’ve worked really hard. Don’t give up and keep your head up!

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 5:39 PM, Mecmillertx said:

So sorry to hear that.. keep your head up queen.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 5:39 PM, Mecmillertx said:

You got this! You are a great candidate and any program would be lucky to have you in their program. You show heart, resilience, intelligence, and immeasurable life experience. These are all qualities that have made you into the person you are today. Keep chasing your dream, you will reach it! Failure is just a tinny moment in life from which we can learn and overcome. 

• Thanks 1

Just received an interview invite!!!

Applied 7/2, verified 7/3, in review 7/6, interview invite 9/11, interview scheduled for 9/27!

I was getting so used to only getting webinar reminders and such from Yale, that I was in complete shock when I saw the word “interview” this time! 🤯 I am beyond nervous, but excited!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SunshinestatePA123 said:

Got an interview invite today!! Applied 6/20, verified 6/21, in review 6/22, interview invite 9/11, interview scheduled for 9/27!!! 

Very nervous, and looking for any interview tips! 

Did you attend their webinar about their interview process ? I wound up finding the email in my junk folder and missed it. They used to have MMI but I saw someone mention they are one on one this year?

@SunshinestatePA123 Congrats! I did my interview on 9/7. My best suggestion is to contact your admissions counselor, mine was so helpful in going over every part of the process (the interview is about 3 hour+ long/3 different sections). It is different from last year apparently, so you'll want to get all the new info on the process. They were all so nice and it was less stressful than I thought it would be. 

Best of luck to you! 

• Like 3

On 9/11/2023 at 10:03 PM, SunshinestatePA123 said:

Got an interview invite today!! Applied 6/20, verified 6/21, in review 6/22, interview invite 9/11, interview scheduled for 9/27!!! 

Very nervous, and looking for any interview tips! 

First of all, know that they really like you already. From your CASPA app, they can see a potential successful student in their program. They already love you! Just go and prove them right! (I'm also telling myself this because I'm interviewing tomorrow)