Yale Online 2023-2024 Cycle

is this typical in some cases?

to be waitlisted and then not get an interview the following year? Was anyone admitted this way?

I was told by admissions multiple counselors that my app is very strong- not sure what this means but its all relative- I guess others are stronger. . .

In case anyone else had the same question I had as it pertains to the programs Accreditation-Probation status (as there seems to be a lot of confusing rumors out there): 

I asked "Due to the current Accreditation-Probation status from the ARC-PA, will the class that starts January 2024 be eligible to complete the program (graduate from accredited program to sit for PANCE) IF the ARC-PA does not continue the accreditation status at the focused site visit on June 2024? What does the program plan to do with the students that start January 2024 if the ARC-PA decides to withdraw accreditation from the program?" 

Response from the Chair: "As long as you matriculate into a program that is accredited at the time of enrollment, you would still be allowed to sit for boards if the program’s accreditation was pulled while you were a student. I am pleased to report the Program has successfully responded to four of five areas of concern and we are confident the remaining issue will be resolved." 

• Like 1

Hi all!

I am applying next cycle, and was wondering if anyone had any advice for the interviews after going through them? I know of course that it can't be talked about in depth or share any of the questions, but was there (in general) anything that threw you off guard? Or any preparation that you found especially helpful? 

I know I'm a year out, but I am extremely nervous! 😅 YPAO is my first choice.

Can't wait to connect with everyone and hopefully become colleagues one day! 

Edited by KBL1006
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if they send out interview request or rejections if you have a pending prerequisite, last I talked with the admissions was to inform them I was taking microbiology and will send official transcript to Caspa once completed and they sent me an okay and then the automatic email that my application is in review. I'm just anxious and want an idea as to where I stand as interviews are occurring already 

11 minutes ago, kmj04 said:

I haven't received anything yet and I submitted my application on 05/22. 😕

Same here I submitted on 5/12 and I assummed it was because of a pending prerequisite, its possible that theyre still reviewing things. Getting anxious since I have gotten a couple rejections this cycle already. I have a lower gpa 

9 minutes ago, Lisa1 said:

Same here I submitted on 5/12 and I assummed it was because of a pending prerequisite, its possible that theyre still reviewing things. Getting anxious since I have gotten a couple rejections this cycle already. I have a lower gpa 

I received a rejection a little less than a month into the cycle and have yet to be invited to an interview so I feel the anxiety too. I have a lower gpa as well. It can be disheartening and I can feel my confidence getting lower 

5 minutes ago, Lizks said:

with low gpa- if u need for next cycle- hope u dont- but take some extra courses online- repeat pre reqs and extra and get As - should help!

I actually did complete a pre-PA post baccalaureate program where I repeated some prerequisites and took additional classes. However, I still consider my gpa to be on the lower end compared to some of the gpas I have seen posted on the forums 🥲

28 minutes ago, Lizks said:

with low gpa- if u need for next cycle- hope u dont- but take some extra courses online- repeat pre reqs and extra and get As - should help!

I repeated some undergrad courses my senior year and are doing some now, so far have As in them but still need to take final exams. I am going to be very transparent my gpa is low, cumulative is 3.24 and science is 3.11. But to make up i have 5k patient care hours as medical assistant and ultrasound tech, 3 strong letters of rec (previous employer, PA, and ultrasound instructor) and I have 2k research hours sadly no publications but was close a couple times of getting published 

For those worried about gpa, I think it's important to remember that we aren't really sure what they are looking for. I'm pretty sure it is a lot more than just your gpa. I have an exceptional gpa and haven't received an interview invite yet. Keep being hopeful! I'm hoping (and personally believe they do) look at us all holistically, because we are all so much more than our stats! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, Futurepa2631 said:

The interview was absolutely amazing! Just remember to be yourself! I’m not sure how many slots were available per interview though. The faculty are very engaging and supportive during the interview process. Good luck to everyone else interviewing soon!

Congrats! Have mine scheduled soon! Excited, but nervous! Hopefully I won’t be too intimidated! 😬

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Soybeans said:

Applied June 7th. 🙂

I wanted to mention that being a minority doesn’t make it any easier to get in. Insensitive comments like that are quite unwarranted and unfair to those who work hard to get to where they are regardless of being a minority.

Wishing everyone luck!

You are absolutely right! I apologize now if my comment regarding low gpa came off as insensitive that was not my point at all. I’m sure everyone here has a strong application or they wouldn’t be applying, I wish everyone luck and those that are getting ready for interviews you’re going to do great!  And good luck to you as well hopefully the waiting game isn’t too long. 

I did apologize as I retracted my comment, as I do not know the way Yale determines a population status.

I work very hard too as I am sure the whole forum does.

Read a comment more carefully before you call anyone insensitive. That is unwarranted as well. 

• Like 1