Yale Online 2023-2024 Cycle

15 hours ago, PA4ME2023 said:

Waitlisted 7/29! I’m a 2nd time applicant waitlisted and accepted last year from YPAO but had to reject my offer bc of family health issues, hoping this year goes better as this is my top program!

Sorry to hear about your family, but hopefully you will get that seat this year. The program didn't offer a deferral? 

On the other hand, i am concerned about how it seems that they are waitlisting everyone that could potentially received an acceptance. Rolling Admissions? I am very disappointed, and similar to applications, they aren't going in chronological order-again rolling admissions- and leaving applicants hanging until they interview and review all applications/applicants. 

13 hours ago, PrePAdadof4 said:

Congratulations! Did you change your approach to the interview? If so, can you share any general pointers?

I think what helped was Yale changing the format of their interviews a little bit. Having the one-on-one interviews allowed more opportunities to show your personality and things outside of your application. That's what I felt was different. I'm not sure I changed my overall approach to the interview, I still aimed to give inciteful thought into the answers and demonstrate why I felt qualified to be in their program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 5:43 AM, Persistandsuceed said:

Sorry to hear about your family, but hopefully you will get that seat this year. The program didn't offer a deferral? 

On the other hand, i am concerned about how it seems that they are waitlisting everyone that could potentially received an acceptance. Rolling Admissions? I am very disappointed, and similar to applications, they aren't going in chronological order-again rolling admissions- and leaving applicants hanging until they interview and review all applications/applicants. 

Thanks for the kind words 🙂 I wasn’t sure if I would even be able to attend this next year, so my best option was just to reapply. And I completely agree- I don’t see how rolling admission is Even happening here, and so many waitlists /: it’s very nerve wracking 

On 8/29/2023 at 7:52 PM, Mecmillertx said:

Does your application show that it’s in review on CASPA? I was emailed it was in review last week but it just says verified on CASPA still. 

The application must be verified on CASPA in order to be under review with YPAO. Verified is the final status on CASPA, the school(s) you applied to will take it from there. 

• Thanks 1