Flu vaccine

We are rolling them out now too. I think August is a good time given that it takes 2-3 weeks to mount a response. August vaccinations should cover for Fall which is typically "flu season." I'm beginning to see/tx URIs now so i know flu is around the corner.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

How about not giving that poison to patients and optimize their vitamin D3 levels? Dr. Mercola has many articles about flu vaccines and how ineffective they are. Please do your research on how useless the flu vaccine is before you start "shooting" that poison into people. There are better, safer ways to prevent the flu than the "claim to fame" flu vaccine (which rarely works). It is proven and all the CDC does is manipulate numbers by doing a relative risk instead of an absolute risk. I beg you to do your own research and stop this terrible vaccine.

You can't be serious????

How about not giving that poison to patients and optimize their vitamin D3 levels? Dr. Mercola has many articles about flu vaccines and how ineffective they are. Please do your research on how useless the flu vaccine is before you start "shooting" that poison into people. There are better, safer ways to prevent the flu than the "claim to fame" flu vaccine (which rarely works). It is proven and all the CDC does is manipulate numbers by doing a relative risk instead of an absolute risk. I beg you to do your own research and stop this terrible vaccine.

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html

It's a good thing Dr. Mercola stopped practicing medicine.

wow - there is some ignorance for you

read up little student - you have a lot to learn

Why do people live longer these days? it is not CABG and Statins - it is running water, outdoor plumbing and vaccinations

easy to poo poo vaccines, but they work beyond the shadow of any doubt - I am not talking about personal choice (not going there) but to say Vit D is the same as a flu shot just points out how uninformed you truly are.... or how beautiful of a trollllllll you are.....

Guess how I know you aren't actually a PA student.

I'm not coming to anyone's defense here, but as far as vaccines go, the data on flu vaccine is arguably the weakest. And vitamin D shouldn't be seen as some panacea, however there is some intriguing research suggesting immune benefits, so I don't see harm in making sure patients aren't D deficient.

Clinicians should be on the front lines leading by example on vaccinations. Refusing them is hypocritical - we practice evidence based and make risk vs benefit ratio decisions. The risk and complications of influenza far outnumber the risk of adverse events from the vaccination. EVEN if you are one of those misinformed people who still believe vaccinations cause autism, or think you will be that <1% chance of having GBS.

How do you directly prove a vaccine works? If i don't have something and am exposed to it but dont get it, how do i know it was the vaccine and not other factors?

Has several articles on vitamin D. Would you like you or your family members to be injected with:

• Aluminum -- a neurotoxin that has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease
  • Triton X-100 -- a detergent
  • Phenol (carbolic acid)
  • Ethylene glycol (antifreeze)
  • Betapropiolactone - a disinfectant
  • Nonoxynol - used to kill or stop growth of STDs
  • Octoxinol 9 - a vaginal spermicide
  • Sodium phosphate

Also, The flu strains selected are cultivated in chick embryos for several weeks before being inactivated with formaldehyde, which is a known cancer-causing agent. Then they’re preserved with thimerosal, which is 49 percent mercury by weight.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/26/Flu-Vaccine-Exposed.aspx

Paracelsus is spinning in his grave right now...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I actually am SDA, so I decided to look this up. The SDA church has no official stance regarding vaccinations and leaves it up to individual choice. Here is a link to Loma Linda's PA program requirements, which states that they follow the CDC recommendations for immunizations of entering PA sutedents: http://www.llu.edu/allied-health/sahp/pa/prerequisites.page

Kettering does not say on their website, but their hospital does offer vaccinations.

So, you are definitely misinformed about the SDA stance on vaccines. Now, many may refuse and site religious reasons, since some vaccines contain blood from unclean meat sources (along with chemicals that they might find objectionable). However, it is a stretch to say we "don't believe in vaccines".

Really TA??? How about all the 7th Day Adventist Medical Schools or Church of Christ PA schools, they don't believe in vaccines....so how do they graduate medical providers??? Show me proof on vaccines and if you can't then you can't argue anything...

Ok, since you are a "PA Student", I am sure that you've had a class on "evidence based medicine". If you submit a real EBM paper (done by you), I'll be willing to look it over.

However, just typing "So and so says.." isn't evidence, it's not even research. If you want to sway me over, you are going to have to do a pubmed search, evaluate the studies you find, and come up with enough evidence to support this.

If I don't see a forest plot, I'm going to be very disappointed.

I'm being serious here- here's a chance to convince me!

I am not sure why you are getting so defensive. I thought we were talking about PA programs here. I only know of 2 SDA PA programs, so those are the ones I mentioned. Loma Linda follows the CDC and Kettering does not say what they do on their website. I was not talking about all the SDA schools and hospitals out there- that would take me days to figure out since there are over 75 Adventist hospitals in the US alone. Also, the way you wrote the last post, it sounds like you are saying that Kettering is SDA & COC- that isn't true. They are two very different denominations. And, I will state it again- the SDA church has no official stance regarding vaccines- they leave that choice up to the individual. I don't know anything about COC or their views on vaccinations. May I ask how old you are?

Well my entire family is SDA and again it is based on different areas of the country and there are tons of SDA hospitals/schools that do not require nor recommend them so I am not misinformed, it sounds to me that you have one school (Loma Linda) and there are several other schools like Kettering (SDA/COC) that don't follow all the rules of SDA of Church Of Christ...Just because one place does something different doesn't mean every SDA/COC is doing it...get real

Archived