expiration email from Nccpa?

Silly NCCPA sends me an email with the below header:

NCCPA: Last Chance! Your Certification Expires Today, December 31, 2019! NCCPA ID: 101xxxx.

Coincidentally, in case that didn’t get my attention, they’re kind enough to include in the body of the email the correct date of 12/31/2020.  I think I’ll wait and let them sweat out whether or not I’m going to send them any money.  Boy, I’m proud of my former profession. 

• Upvote 2

Silly NCCPA sends me an email with the below header:
 NCCPA: Last Chance! Your Certification Expires Today, December 31, 2019! NCCPA ID: 101xxxx.
 Coincidentally, in case that didn’t get my attention, they’re kind enough to include in the body of the email the correct date of 12/31/2020.  I think I’ll wait and let them sweat out whether or not I’m going to send them any money.  Boy, I’m proud of my former profession. 

I just one of those too. A little precheck would have been a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FriarMedic said:

I just got an email from nccpa saying “last chance your certification expires today!”  
it also says December 31st 2019. So assuming it’s an error. Anyone else receive this? 

I too received this email. Another "Chicken Little" message from NCCPA looking to reach into my wallet!

Today I received one of those too.  I remember when my certificate was due to expire in Dec 2018 I received an email with the same type of subject title that said it was going to expire the previous December (2017).  The body of the letter had the correct date both today and two years ago.  It is a heartstopper.

7 hours ago, jlumsden said:

With live CME generally being canceled this year, you’d hope there would be some flexibility with requirements.

Hopefully, but that's probably why they're sending out reminders 5 months ahead.

I was still able to attend an ATLS course (required for new job), which gave me 18-19 credits. One could do a similar cert class if unable to get enough online or JAAPA credits. 

I got the same email, and then a correction a few hours later. I’m way over my CME requirement anyway, and the maintenance of certification fee was the only thing I had left to do, so I just took it as a reminder to pay it.  It’s $180 that I need to pay one way or the other between now and the end of the year, so not a big deal IMO.