South College- Knoxville 2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 8/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, Liberty17 said:

Does anyone live in the Knoxville area? Any food/restaurant recommendations or places to visit or see while I'm there? I will be flying out from CA and would love to know some "must see/do" activities. Also I love being outdoors so any pretty lakes ect.- Im hoping it will be a refreshing difference from the dry CA hills!  I can't wait to visit! 

Hey! I live in Knoxville, and it is the most incredible city. You will love it! South College is about 20 minutes from downtown where there are so many yummy places to eat and fun activities - I would recommend checking out Market Square. The college is also only 5 minutes or so from Turkey Creek which is a huge shopping center and food place. As far as outdoor recs: Ijams has a beautiful quarry and some neat hiking trails! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HS817 said:

Did anyone else randomly receive this email? I applied 2 months ago.. not sure if this is an indirect/subtle way of denying me or just more info on the program?

Thank you for your interest in South College, and our School of Physician Assistant Studies here in Knoxville, Tennessee.  Please find information regarding our program below. 

If you are interested in becoming a competitive applicant, please review our admission requirements (on our website) and make sure that you have met or surpassed all of the requirements to the absolute best of your ability and attend one of our many Information Sessions where your questions will be addressed.  The Information Sessions schedule can be found here: https://www.south.edu/programs/master-health-science-physician-assistant-studies/knoxville/information-sessions/

Applications are reviewed based on:

• cumulative and science GPAs as determined by CASPA,
  • GRE scores,
  • health care experience (hands-on diagnosis and treatment, shadowing of a PA or MD)
  • letters of reference,
  • and personal statements.  

We encourage you to consider the following (where applicable):

• raise your science GPA and/cumulative GPA
  • improve your GRE scores
  • obtain more health care experience: hands-on diagnosis and treatment (most competitive hours are:   Medic, Paramedic, EMT, CNA, Medical Assistant) as well as shadowing a PA or MD
  • take the highly recommended courses

We also invite you to visit our website regularly to ensure that you are up-to-date on our admission procedures and requirements.

https://www.south.edu/programs/master-health-science-physician-assistant-studies/knoxville/

We greatly appreciate your interest and application to our program.  

Sincerely,

Deborah Boromei

South College Knoxville School of Physician Assistant Studies

Director of PA Admissions, Knoxville and Atlanta

400-#101 Goody’s Lane

Knoxville, TN 37922

dboromei@south.edu

I also applied 2 months ago and haven’t heard anything. I didn’t receive that email, but I don’t think that’s them denying you because it says (where applicable)! If you don’t mind, can you send me a message of your stats?? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kerimonteleone said:

I also applied 2 months ago and haven’t heard anything. I didn’t receive that email, but I don’t think that’s them denying you because it says (where applicable)! If you don’t mind, can you send me a message of your stats?? 

Okay, awesome! That's what I was thinking! Thanks & I sent them your way!

17 minutes ago, HS817 said:

Did anyone else randomly receive this email? I applied 2 months ago.. not sure if this is an indirect/subtle way of denying me or just more info on the program?

Thank you for your interest in South College, and our School of Physician Assistant Studies here in Knoxville, Tennessee.  Please find information regarding our program below. 

If you are interested in becoming a competitive applicant, please review our admission requirements (on our website) and make sure that you have met or surpassed all of the requirements to the absolute best of your ability and attend one of our many Information Sessions where your questions will be addressed.  The Information Sessions schedule can be found here: https://www.south.edu/programs/master-health-science-physician-assistant-studies/knoxville/information-sessions/

• GRE scores,
  • health care experience (hands-on diagnosis and treatment, shadowing of a PA or MD)
  • letters of reference,

• obtain more health care experience: hands-on diagnosis and treatment (most competitive hours are:   Medic, Paramedic, EMT, CNA, Medical Assistant) as well as shadowing a PA or MD

We also invite you to visit our website regularly to ensure that you are up-to-date on our admission procedures and requirements.

https://www.south.edu/programs/master-health-science-physician-assistant-studies/knoxville/

Sincerely,

Deborah Boromei

400-#101 Goody’s Lane

Knoxville, TN 37922

dboromei@south.edu

I applied in May, I did not receive that email. It doesn’t sound like a denial to me!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HS817 said:

• GRE scores,
  • letters of reference,

Sincerely,

Deborah Boromei

400-#101 Goody’s Lane

Knoxville, TN 37922

dboromei@south.edu

Not sure if this helps- I applied in May, did NOT receive this email, and interviewed on Friday. I would email Ms. Boromei and ask- she is super helpful and I am sure she would be happy to clarify and concerns you have!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard about any additional interview dates? I received confirmation that everything needed for my application was received by the program back in May, and the email stated that they did not start interviewing until October. Anyone else's email state this? 

at my interview they said they had three more scheduled but would have as many as they needed to fill their class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 3:01 PM, januele22 said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard about any additional interview dates? I received confirmation that everything needed for my application was received by the program back in May, and the email stated that they did not start interviewing until October. Anyone else's email state this? 

I'm in the same boat as you! I received that same email at the beginning of May saying that they were not beginning interviews until October and have not heard anything else since then. 

On 10/10/2020 at 8:30 AM, Ashlyn said:

I have an interview on the 30th! For those who have already interviewed, do you have any tips? This is my first interview so I’m not really sure what to expect 

I interviewed in August! It was my first interview so I was nervous but the staff and students were very supportive and super friendly. There were presentations and time to mingle and ask questions throughout the day. The interview portion was a group interview and they genuinely want to get to know you. They call you in individually at the end  of the day to let you know if you're accepted. Waiting was the hardest part.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, PaG23 said:

I interviewed in August! It was my first interview so I was nervous but the staff and students were very supportive and super friendly. There were presentations and time to mingle and ask questions throughout the day. The interview portion was a group interview and they genuinely want to get to know you. They call you in individually at the end  of the day to let you know if you're accepted. Waiting was the hardest part.

Thank you so much!!