South College- Knoxville 2020-2021 Application Cycle

To those of you who already interviewed and got accepted ( first of all, congrats!) ... How long did they give you to make a decision to accept or decline admission?

I have 2 other interviews scheduled for the following 2 fridays and I’m anxious about how the timing of it all will work out.

thanks in advance! 

10 hours ago, Acp123 said:

To those of you who already interviewed and got accepted ( first of all, congrats!) ... How long did they give you to make a decision to accept or decline admission?

I have 2 other interviews scheduled for the following 2 fridays and I’m anxious about how the timing of it all will work out.

thanks in advance! 

I believe we had 10 days to decide and had to pay a $1500 seat deposit. That's definitely stressful but honestly if accepted I would consider going ahead and paying the seat deposit unless your next interview also gives you a decision that day. It's better to pay $1500 and risk losing it if you get another acceptance than to decline and come out of the cycle with no other acceptances. In the grand scheme of tuition/loans the seat deposit is practically nothing.

Edited by gigi123
typo

On 10/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, jordanjfuturepa said:

For those who have already interviewed, what time does the interview end? I see that it starts at 8am, and there is a portion after lunch... just getting my travel plans arranged. 

Before my interview I emailed Deborah Boromei and she said it should be over by 3:30pm. I was done at 2:15pm but some people were still waiting to be called in for the individual portion after me. Good luck to you!

On 11/2/2020 at 3:39 PM, Madison56565656 said:

Hmmm, that's pretty disappointing from a healthcare program...

I feel like they made every effort to ensure our safety. I was comfortable with the in person accommodations. It makes a big difference to actually see the facilities and to meet and interact with faculty/current students, and South College realizes that. I really appreciate the planning and effort they made to allow us to interview safely in person! 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:39 PM, Madison56565656 said:

Hmmm, that's pretty disappointing from a healthcare program...

Yes! I thought the same thing!! I'm a fairly recent cancer patient, and I live with a high-risk parent, so going in-person with people from around the country was NOT an option for me. It honestly struck me as a bit pompous. Why does this program feel so special that they need to have in-person interviews when literally every other program is doing virtual? I was admitted elsewhere over Zoom, so it shouldn't matter to me, but it still bothers me a bit that they're not taking the pandemic as seriously as other programs.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...