South College- Knoxville 2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, Liberty17 said:

Does anyone live in the Knoxville area? Any food/restaurant recommendations or places to visit or see while I'm there? I will be flying out from CA and would love to know some "must see/do" activities. Also I love being outdoors so any pretty lakes ect.- Im hoping it will be a refreshing difference from the dry CA hills!  I can't wait to visit! 

Kabuki (turkey creek, it's sushi/jap food) it's amazing. Go to clingmans dome. This is the tallest mountain in TN 

9 hours ago, Emma9297 said:

Hi! Has anyone heard of a Facebook group being made for accepted students?? 

I think most programs usually wait to make one until the incoming class is finalized, but I'm not 100% sure. If those who've been accepted want to start getting to know each other until the facebook group is made, we could start a groupMe???

I interviewed on Jan 15th and was offered a seat! I have already paid my deposit and couldn’t be more excited!! Hoping to hear of a group me or Facebook group soon so I can start getting things lined out for this fall!! If anyone who has already been accepted knows of anything pm me so I can join please! 🤩

• Upvote 3

On 2/5/2021 at 11:02 AM, nicolettestev said:

Hey! I would love to talk to you about your interview experience at South. How was the group interview setting? 

Hi. I interviewed back in October and received an acceptance. The group interview sounds scary, but I promise its not. Its not competitive between the applicants, they address you individually and everyone gets enough time to talk. Hope this helps!

On 2/10/2021 at 3:25 PM, djkaled said:

Hi. I interviewed back in October and received an acceptance. The group interview sounds scary, but I promise its not. Its not competitive between the applicants, they address you individually and everyone gets enough time to talk. Hope this helps!

It definitely does and makes me feel more relieved! Thank you 🙂

On 2/1/2021 at 3:20 PM, megsn said:

I was also offered an interview for Feb 19! I submitted in July for the program so I was giving up hope. Anyone have any advice?

Hi Meg(?)! I'll (maybe) be meeting you Friday! The only advice I would give is to relax (as impossible as that may sound) and communicate exactly why you love taking care of others! The group interview, to me, was actually more of an advantage for me compared to a one-on-one (and much less stressful than any other interview I went to; it feels more casual and less "hello...we're judging you," if you will); if you're not sure how to answer a question, you can simply build off of others' answers. The faculty is extremely laid-back and kind---my interview day was actually the reason I chose South over places that were closer to my hometown (it just felt "right", ya know?)! Looking forward to meeting you!

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 10:34 PM, steph3120 said:

Hi Meg(?)! I'll (maybe) be meeting you Friday! The only advice I would give is to relax (as impossible as that may sound) and communicate exactly why you love taking care of others! The group interview, to me, was actually more of an advantage for me compared to a one-on-one (and much less stressful than any other interview I went to; it feels more casual and less "hello...we're judging you," if you will); if you're not sure how to answer a question, you can simply build off of others' answers. The faculty is extremely laid-back and kind---my interview day was actually the reason I chose South over places that were closer to my hometown (it just felt "right", ya know?)! Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi Steph!

Thanks so much for your reply. I’m super nervous for this interview, so hearing this really helps. I look forward to hopefully meeting you soon as well!

Hi everyone! For anyone that applied late, maybe this can help ease some nerves. I applied in mid December, my application was verified complete in late December, I got an interview invite in mid January, Interviewed on February 18 and was accepted! They told me there will be 2 or 3 more interview cycles so don’t worry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aswvb13 said:

Hi everyone! For anyone that applied late, maybe this can help ease some nerves. I applied in mid December, my application was verified complete in late December, I got an interview invite in mid January, Interviewed on February 18 and was accepted! They told me there will be 2 or 3 more interview cycles so don’t worry!

oops i meant February 19th!

• Like 1