South College- Knoxville 2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I am a first time applicant and wanted to get any feedback that y'all are can offer on my stats and competitiveness, especially if you have already been through the application cycle and have similar stats.

cGPA- 3.79

sGPA-4.00(so far, I'm currently taking genetics and micro and will take gen chem II A&P II in the fall)

GRE- V-157, Q-151 and 4.0

HCE/PCE- ~400hrs(i'm unsure of whether I should count my experiences as PCE or HCE in CASPA. I was a volunteer medical assistant and COVID screener for most of them and took vitals, checked A1C, etc.)

Shadowing- 40hrs

+leadership experience during and after college(President of Psi Chi at Auburn and Volunteer Coordinator at doctor's office for COVID)

Alsoooooo, are there any 2nd time applicants with non-traditional majors? I was a psych major and would love to hear your application experiences. Sorry for blowing up the forum and thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Zsofia said:

Congrats! When did you apply?

Thank you! I submitted all my applications and was verified by the beginning of June. South College emailed me on June 10th saying they had received my CASPA application, supplemental and GRE scores. Hope you hear back soon!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sunshinesam said:

Did anyone receive an email back after you confirmed your interview? I just want to make sure its 100% in person since I know other programs have changed their interviews to online. 

I got a reply that just said "We look forward to meeting you on 8/21."  I haven't heard anything since, but I am surprised they still seem to be planning to hold interviews in person

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PaG23 said:

I got a reply that just said "We look forward to meeting you on 8/21."  I haven't heard anything since, but I am surprised they still seem to be planning to hold interviews in person

I received an email saying they would send another email closer to the interview date....I haven't heard anything back yet. 

I'm currently attending south college in knoxville (Lonas Campus) and will be submitting my application as soon as CASPA verifies my GRE scores (I haven't studied much since im currently in O. Chem. II and dyyyyyyingggggggg lol and i also have a 3 year old so its tough but not letting anything stop me!!) I'm not expecting a great GRE score, but I have SO many things in my app. that will make me stand out. 

I just wanted to reach out on here and for those who received an interview, what were your stats like?! 

• Like 2

Does anyone live in the Knoxville area? Any food/restaurant recommendations or places to visit or see while I'm there? I will be flying out from CA and would love to know some "must see/do" activities. Also I love being outdoors so any pretty lakes ect.- Im hoping it will be a refreshing difference from the dry CA hills!  I can't wait to visit!