Rutgers 2020-2021 Application Cycle

7 hours ago, skymarie98 said:

Yes, they’re virtual! I interviewed two weeks ago and can say the process went very smoothly (despite there being a tropical storm on the east coast at the time) and it was super relaxed. 

Would you mind sharing your interview experience?? I just got invite this morning with less than a month to prepare! 

7 minutes ago, jmr6548 said:

Would you mind sharing your interview experience?? I just got invite this morning with less than a month to prepare! 

Congrats on the invite! Would you mind sharing your timeline? (When you applied/got verified/whether (& if yes when) or not you got the "2nd round of screening" email?

Thank you so much. 

14 hours ago, jmr6548 said:

The virtual interview experience was honestly great!! I was interviewing during the tropical storm Isaias which made things a bit interesting; my power went out multiple times as did some of the faculty members. However, they really made the whole process very relaxed and overall positive. The first 1-2 hours are general info sessions, Q&A with current students, and a campus tour video. They also give about 10 minutes for a short-answer written question.

The interview itself is panel format, so you’ll have roughly 25 minutes in a private chat with 3 faculty members. It felt like a relaxed conversation in comparison to another interview I had a few weeks ago. My only tip would be to remain confident and relaxed! It’s really hard to prep for interviews as you don’t want to sound too rehearsed—just be yourself!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, skymarie98 said:

The virtual interview experience was honestly great!! I was interviewing during the tropical storm Isaias which made things a bit interesting; my power went out multiple times as did some of the faculty members. However, they really made the whole process very relaxed and overall positive. The first 1-2 hours are general info sessions, Q&A with current students, and a campus tour video. They also give about 10 minutes for a short-answer written question.

The interview itself is panel format, so you’ll have roughly 25 minutes in a private chat with 3 faculty members. It felt like a relaxed conversation in comparison to another interview I had a few weeks ago. My only tip would be to remain confident and relaxed! It’s really hard to prep for interviews as you don’t want to sound too rehearsed—just be yourself!

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your experience! This truly helps my nerves quite a bit as I have an idea on how to prepare. Thank you again and best of luck to you! 😊

I interviewed on 8/4 and received an email this morning essentially saying I’m on the waitlist! During the interview they did say multiple times that it’s rare for them to begin accepting students this early—and that if our interviews were successful, we’d likely be placed on the waitlist. Hoping this is good news, and hoping to hear from them this fall/winter!

35 minutes ago, skymarie98 said:

I interviewed on 8/4 and received an email this morning essentially saying I’m on the waitlist! During the interview they did say multiple times that it’s rare for them to begin accepting students this early—and that if our interviews were successful, we’d likely be placed on the waitlist. Hoping this is good news, and hoping to hear from them this fall/winter!

What this say in the email that you think you were waitlisted ?

6 hours ago, snnypa1 said:

What this say in the email that you think you were waitlisted ?

It says my file is under review by the admissions committee and that they will provide me with an update as soon as possible. In the meantime, I can continue providing them with pertinent updates to my application. 

18 hours ago, aj0646 said:

Hi I just joined this site but I would love to connect with anyone else that has been accepted, does anyone know if there is a facebook group or something similar to meet other future students? Thanks!!

Congrats I was accepted as well! I’m not sure if a Facebook group has been created yet but I’m sure one will be in the upcoming weeks!