Rutgers 2020-2021 Application Cycle

I'm hoping that there is some type of chronological order of sending out interview invites. Many who were verified 5/22 got an invite, then 5/26 verifications, then someone verified 5/29. I was verified 6/2 so maybe they're getting to that date of submissions? Idk... I could just be overthinking. 

11 minutes ago, MedIsLifePA said:

I'm hoping that there is some type of chronological order of sending out interview invites. Many who were verified 5/22 got an invite, then 5/26 verifications, then someone verified 5/29. I was verified 6/2 so maybe they're getting to that date of submissions? Idk... I could just be overthinking. 

I received confirmation on 5/26 also but haven't heard anything yet so hoping there is a little less formality of it being completely chronological since it seems those who received confirmation on 5/26 heard back yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, cee2021 said:

I received confirmation on 5/26 also but haven't heard anything yet so hoping there is a little less formality of it being completely chronological since it seems those who received confirmation on 5/26 heard back yesterday. 

It's all just a big waiting game so I think I'm just anxious that's all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GunBlood222 said:

what’s ur stats 

*Had to edit - received invite today, 6/9*

cGPA: 3.81

sGPA: 3.72

GRE: 318

PCE: >2000 hours (medical assistant)

HCE: <100 hours (accidentally omitted a hospital volunteer experience so actual about 150 hours)

Various volunteering and shadowing (about 50 hours), a ton of research (>1000 hours), and TA for A&P (360 hours)

Edited by Maddie97337

7 hours ago, rh7777 said:

Hi! Just curious. Did any of you receive a confirmation email that they were reviewing your application materials? Or just a confirmation that they had received the supplemental? I submitted my app May 28th so I'm a little worried.

I received both. But email on 6/2 saying my app was under review by admissions. 

Just got rejected, a little bummed as this one of my top program choices because of their focus on diversity in healthcare.  Since I am sure people will ask, stats below:

cGPA 3.81

sGPA 3.84

PCE: 1000 hours (PT aide, clinical Research)

Research 1500+ hours (including 400 at the NIH with publication)

Volunteer: 350 hours w/ 150 hours pursuing public health education w/ low SES high school students

Shadowing: 150 hours (Neonatology MD, Pediatric Infectious Disease MD, Physical Medicine & Rehab MD) -- I assume a weakness here is my lack of solely PA shadowing while I did have a few opportunities to shadow a case or two with a PA

Extra-curricular: NCAA DI Athlete (training 20+ hours a week while pursuing college degree) 

2 minutes ago, MedIsLifePA said:

Wow you definitely seem more than qualified to receive an interview. When did you apply? Were your LORS strong?

I received confirmation from Rutgers 5/26. I had 5 LORs: A PT who I worked with and have known through the community for years who spoke to my ability to work with patients, my research mentor from the NIH who spoke to my ability to overcome fears/challenges of working with animal models, 2 professors who have known for 4 years, and my team doctor who has known me for 3+ years and I shadowed multiple times in his clinic and learned how to practice medicine in a state heavily affected by the opioid crisis. Obviously I never saw any of the letters, so I cannot attest to how "strong" they were, but I am confident in my relationships with my letter writers. 

6 minutes ago, GunBlood222 said:

how much of ur PCE was aide and how much was research 

888 hours were as an aide and 120 (and ongoing) in research. 

1 minute ago, cee2021 said:

I received confirmation from Rutgers 5/26. I had 5 LORs: A PT who I worked with and have known through the community for years who spoke to my ability to work with patients, my research mentor from the NIH who spoke to my ability to overcome fears/challenges of working with animal models, 2 professors who have known for 4 years, and my team doctor who has known me for 3+ years and I shadowed multiple times in his clinic and learned how to practice medicine in a state heavily affected by the opioid crisis. Obviously I never saw any of the letters, so I cannot attest to how "strong" they were, but I am confident in my relationships with my letter writers. 

what were your duties as an aide?

8 minutes ago, cee2021 said:

That’s so strange. We are almost the same. 
my PCE comes from being a PT aide and a CRC. Now I’m super nervous.