Rutgers 2020-2021 Application Cycle

3 hours ago, lina2243 said:

Congratss and good luck!!! Do u mind sharing stats and verification date?

Thanks!!

cGPA: 3.97

sGPA: 3.96

PCE: ~1100 EMT (a bit more now, but that's what it was when i submitted)

HCE: 1000hr or so as a "volunteer at the first aid squad" (before I was actually certified as an EMT) and ~350 as a medical scribe

I applied with a few outstanding pre-reqs. 

Verification date was: 05/19

Invited for interview: 05/26, but didn't get the actual date until today, as I said. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 15PA15 said:

Thanks!!

cGPA: 3.97

sGPA: 3.96

PCE: ~1100 EMT (a bit more now, but that's what it was when i submitted)

HCE: 1000hr or so as a "volunteer at the first aid squad" (before I was actually certified as an EMT) and ~350 as a medical scribe

I applied with a few outstanding pre-reqs. 

Verification date was: 05/19

Invited for interview: 05/26, but didn't get the actual date until today, as I said. 

Thank you best of luck!

On 6/12/2020 at 2:21 PM, alexaabern said:

Has anyone gotten an email saying they were selected to move on to the next round of screening but not an interview? Does anyone know what this could mean? 

I got this too! I'm not sure. I don't understand why they wouldn't just give us an interview or reject us... maybe they like us, but not as much rn for an interview?

22 hours ago, NicoleVE13 said:

I got this too! I'm not sure. I don't understand why they wouldn't just give us an interview or reject us... maybe they like us, but not as much rn for an interview?

Me too, I think the waiting part is the worst for me.... hoping for the best! And GOOD LUCK to everyone at their upcoming interviews!!! Fingers crossed for everyone! 🙂 I know we will all get to where we are meant to be eventually. 

On 7/23/2020 at 11:18 PM, femeredith said:

@NicoleVE13 @AKOW23 I got the same email about moving on to next step ... when did you guys submit your initial app? Just to maybe get an idea of timeline.. I submitted mine in mid June to late June 

I submitted mid to late June as well. They probably are just super backed up, but aren't out right rejecting us yet... Good Luck!

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, LS1010 said:

Just got my interview date for August 4th! Received the interview invitation on 6/8. 

When were you submitted/verified my friend? I received my interview invitation on 6/8 as well, but was submitted/verified around ~5/28. Wondering if I should continue being patient or possibly reach out. Thanks! 

11 hours ago, PrePAlo said:

Hey has anyone that received the “second round of screening” email get an interview invite or rejection yet? Just curious since this waiting game is driving me crazy. Congrats to those with interviews!  

I got that email about moving to the next round of screening and haven't heard anything more yet! Fingers still crossed but also trying to stay realistic, Rutgers is a reach for me...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, emc2016 said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! 

cGPA: 3.72 

sGPA: 3.83

2500+ shadowing MD & PA with patient direct contact 

250+ working in a PT office ( i think it was around 1500) 

3 years working in united nations

1 1/2 years of research developing new chemotherapy for breast & cervical cancer

3 letters of rec 

• Upvote 1

Just now, alphaPA said:

the applications open on April 30 of every year. Why do people wait to submit their applications? What is the best time to apply? I am going to apply for the next cycle.

I personally waited to graduate, which didn’t happen until May & then I had to get my essay together for a couple weeks. But I think most people wait until they feel their application will be the strongest. Apply as early as possible when you feel your application as at its best or when you are comfortable with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, femeredith said:

@Luckylucy555 did rutgers ever send you a moved on to the next round email before sending interview invite? & did they provide a date or just an invitation to interview .... I feel like they're super backed up lol

They actually just told me i got an interview invite but didn’t give the date?? I was super confused by this but saw some others had this as well. They’re definitely super backed up

On 8/7/2020 at 5:00 PM, Luckylucy555 said:

Applied 6/18 just got an interview invite today !! Good luck everyone!

Hi, congrats!! Did you submit on June 18? Just verifying because I haven't seen anyone who submitted after June 5th get an interview invite. Good luck on your interview!

Edited by 2020wegotthis

11 minutes ago, 2020wegotthis said:

Hi, congrats!! Did you submit on June 18? Just verifying because I haven't seen anyone who submitted after June 5th get an interview invite. Good luck on your interview!

Thank you ! I believe i sent in the app around 13 or 14 & got verified couple days later. Hope this helps! Also check in with reddit seems like people have been using it more than this for some schools!

Edited by Luckylucy555