UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

12 minutes ago, Obiwankenobi said:

Has anyone heard back about acceptances? I haven’t seen any in this forum yet. 

I haven't so far... been checking regularly since my 11/6 interview.  I asked during mine and they said they are doing rolling admissions but that they started interviewing late, they may interview later into next year, and that everything is expected to take longer this year since they still don't know if classes will be attended online or in person come the fall.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AngeON said:

I haven't so far... been checking regularly since my 11/6 interview.  I asked during mine and they said they are doing rolling admissions but that they started interviewing late, they may interview later into next year, and that everything is expected to take longer this year since they still don't know if classes will be attended online or in person come the fall.  

I hope we hear back before the end of the year. Vaccinations will be given before the start of 2021 classes for the community and by December for healthcare workers . I’m hoping everything is safe by the time we start classes. I want to be in person. 

4 hours ago, AngeON said:

Whether it’s online or in person, how would that change their timeline? 

Guest HoneyBadger555
On 11/25/2020 at 8:48 AM, leiaPApup said:

I was offered an interview a few days ago for 12/2/2020, and declined it because I’m accepted at another school. I hope one of you will get the offer!! 

Best wishes and happy thanksgiving!!!

Also just received an interview invite for 12/4 that I’ll be turning down. Hoping it opens up a spot for someone out there. Good luck everyone! 

On 11/23/2020 at 8:35 PM, N1014 said:

Whether it’s online or in person, how would that change their timeline? 

Because they started interviewing later in the semester trying to come up with their zoom interview format.  Also they may need to do more investigation and review because scoring may be different based on interview style.  

2 hours ago, AngeON said:

Because they started interviewing later in the semester trying to come up with their zoom interview format.  Also they may need to do more investigation and review because scoring may be different based on interview style.  

Makes sense, thanks for answering!