UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

34 minutes ago, rrr2020 said:

yes, sounds that way.

I think they're waiting to hear back from the ones that have been accepted and then send out waitlists if needed.. But definitely if you haven't interviewed they will not be extending invitations to interview anymore. I interviewed and haven't heard back so I'm taking it as a rejection based on the way the email was worded. 

I emailed and asked. I’ll let y’all  know if there is a response. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, rrr2020 said:

yes, sounds that way.

I think they're waiting to hear back from the ones that have been accepted and then send out waitlists if needed.. But definitely if you haven't interviewed they will not be extending invitations to interview anymore. I interviewed and haven't heard back so I'm taking it as a rejection based on the way the email was worded. 

I wouldn't see it as a rejection. There's a lot of people that got accepted and they may end up choosing another school. There's still a possibility for people to be accepted! 

On 1/5/2021 at 2:37 PM, rrr2020 said:

yes, sounds that way.

I would disagree! If you received the email and have ALREADY interviewed there is still plenty of hope. It’s apparent since the aforementioned email was sent to all applicants before the interviews taking place on the 7th of January.

I believe at the end of the month they’ll send acceptance emails to their top 100 (which obviously some have been chosen) and then waitlist the next top 50-75. In my interview I saw them jotting down small notes - probably scoring all the applicants. I’m imagining the folks who have already got acceptance letters received a score above a certain threshold.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, TXBee said:

So is that email saying that they've already filled the cohort and that those who have interviewed and haven't heard back yet are either waitlisted or rejected? 

I don't think so. The email just said that they are done with interviews and that by the end of January they will update those who had an interview but did not get an acceptance and also those who did not receive an interview. We will be updated on the "final admission status".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, edhelalexander said:

No more acceptances huh 😕

Since they’ve just sent out invitations for the waitlist, I imagine they’re done accepting folks for the time being.

I’m sorry, if you didn’t hear back. If you still want to give it another go, I’d bounce a few ideas off some of the people in the forums. There’s bound to be a couple of ways to bolster your application and play to your individual strengths! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just now, Obiwankenobi said:

I got invited for a second interview for the enrichment program at RGV for February. It’s the PA program but longer. I’m not sure if anyone has any insight about this program? 

Just received it too, I’ve never heard of it or seen it on their website

6 minutes ago, mkv96 said:

Just received it too, I’ve never heard of it or seen it on their website

The enrichment program essentially extends the first year of the program to two years, halving the course load, in addition to other details like participating in clinics, etc. It is a great opportunity and you should accept if given the chance!

On 1/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, J9725 said:

When did 

Is there any other benefit from the extended program other than it having a smaller class/slower pace? I don’t want to wait to become a PA and spend more time away from family. Unless there was more of an incentive to complete the longer program like getting a doctorate or more clinical sites.

I was accepted to other schools, but the valley is closer to home. I hope I hear back about the regular program or find out more about this extended program. 

Edited by Obiwankenobi