2020-2021 George Washington University

Guest wildalaska
1 hour ago, vtmb2 said:

any interview invites for 10/3???

I’m going to guess they’ll go out tomorrow or Friday, since it’ll be two weeks before the date. It seems like everyone got their invites for Sept. 12th on Friday two weeks before!

When did you submit your application/get confirmation that your application was under review? I got confirmation 7/8 so I’m a little worried. Does GW do interviews rolling style?

Submitted on Aug 24, received the under review email on Aug 27
I’m out-of-state tho, so maybe the review process might be different for me

I know I really liked seeing stats of people who got interviews, so I'll throw mine in and hope some of you find it helpful.

CASPA Verified on 5/6  ||  GW under review email on 6/1  ||  GW 10/3 interview invite on 9/22 at 12:16pm

Overall GPA: 3.91  ||  Science GPA: 4.00  ||  GRE: Verbal 159/83%  Quant 159/70%  Writing 5.0/92%

PCE: 1200 hours ( MA & EMT )

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting some of you on the third!

• Like 2

For anyone who closely follows this and/or other threads comparing yourself to others and getting panicked when you don't get that phone call on the day/hour you were expecting: I get it. It's extremely hard to get a type A applicant to desensitize to the idea of having to trust the process and be willing to give up a locus of control; however, whenever you do learn to do so, you'll enjoy the process and appreciate your fellow applicants and their own victories much, much more. Do not panic, do not wish failure upon your peers, and do not despair or give up until you've gotten that final rejection -- even then, don't give up... PA programs love an applicant with some grit and a positive attitude.

I am not writing this because an act of providence has occurred and I am reeling from the high that is an acceptance to PA School -- on the contrary, I received a rejection and a waitlist today (no acceptances thus far, in fact) -- I just want everyone to know that they aren't alone in this process, what they are feeling is natural, and that it's all gonna work out in due time.

• Like 24
  • Upvote 7

Well said. One of the best PAs I know applied three times before she got into GW. And I remember a lot of us feeling imposter syndrome when the program started. I think applying is, in a sense, the hardest part of the process because at least when you're in school they have a vested interest in your success too. When you're applying it feels very lonely.

And @jparra1 I got my first rejection on a Wednesday and then that Thursday got the call from GW off the waitlist. Good luck to you. Like you said, having grit and a positive attitude is such a powerful set of characteristics and it will carry you far. It's coming!

• Like 8

I received an interview invite for 10/3 and I'm super excited! 

I was wondering if anyone in this upcoming interview group had trouble accessing the Google form that allows you to choose what time you want to complete the writing prompt. When I click on the link they sent, it says: 

"The form Writing time selection is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake." 

I sent them an email but just a bit anxious because it needs to be completed by tomorrow... 

😓

I received an interview invite for 10/3 and I'm super excited! 
I was wondering if anyone in this upcoming interview group had trouble accessing the Google form that allows you to choose what time you want to complete the writing prompt. When I click on the link they sent, it says: 
"The form Writing time selection is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake." 
I sent them an email but just a bit anxious because it needs to be completed by tomorrow... 
[emoji29]

Mine says the same [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk