2020-2021 George Washington University

2 hours ago, nanairo said:
3 hours ago, alwayssearching2012 said:
I submitted my GRE scores to GWU last year, but they still haven't shown up in my file and it's been over a week. Should I resend them?

If you're talking about on CASPA, it won't show up. They'll let you know if they receive your GRE scores and it'll show in your supplemental portal

Do you know how long that takes? I know they won't show up in CASPA. I just don't want to have to resend them and pay more money (this process is already expensive enough, good lord)

3 minutes ago, J3dasilva said:

I didn't get a GRE confirmation email. Just a confirmation that my app was received and then one when it was under review. When I go to my GW Portal is says GRE Test Requirement Received under Checklist.

Interesting.. I never got an email confirming my app was received but I just checked the portal and it says my application is 100% complete and under review. I guess I'm probably set? lol

19 hours ago, alwayssearching2012 said:

I submitted my GRE scores to GWU last year, but they still haven't shown up in my file and it's been over a week. Should I resend them?

I also sent my GRE scores 8 days ago and it has not been marked received on the GWU portal. I'm going to wait until next week before contacting the admissions advisor we've been assigned to. Under my supplemental app it states "Congratulations! Your application is under review." but I guess that is the automatic message for submitted apps?

On 6/23/2020 at 3:34 PM, alwayssearching2012 said:

On 6/24/2020 at 10:46 AM, oxyjen said:

I also sent my GRE scores 8 days ago and it has not been marked received on the GWU portal. I'm going to wait until next week before contacting the admissions advisor we've been assigned to. Under my supplemental app it states "Congratulations! Your application is under review." but I guess that is the automatic message for submitted apps?

I received an email confirmation yesterday (6/25/2020) that my GRE was received! And an email 6/26/2020 that my app was officially under review. Has anyone received an interview invite?

Edited by Guest

I received an email from GW today and first looked at it on my Apple Watch. The first picture below shows what came up on my Apple Watch. In the subject line it says “we are sorry to hear that you will not...”. Whenever I went into my inbox to pull up the email, it appeared like the second picture below?? Anyone having this same issue? Just a little concerned about the first subject line.

1B7840DA-12EC-4200-8FBA-31E5624B498B.jpeg.5e378d6917c6b9280beadc88120a7dec.jpeg

AC854B58-2233-44CF-9084-D68B3A4EA698.png

Edited by juuuuuuuulia
  • Upvote 1

Just received my email saying they've received my supplemental and GRE scores and I have a counselor assigned to my application! In the email it says: "All materials must be verified by October 1. The most competitive candidates will be invited to campus for an interview on a rolling basis, so do not delay." I didn't think they did admissions on a rolling basis but it sounds like they might...Does anyone know when they start sending out interview invites?

On 7/3/2020 at 10:09 PM, ericap said:

Just received my email saying they've received my supplemental and GRE scores and I have a counselor assigned to my application! In the email it says: "All materials must be verified by October 1. The most competitive candidates will be invited to campus for an interview on a rolling basis, so do not delay." I didn't think they did admissions on a rolling basis but it sounds like they might...Does anyone know when they start sending out interview invites?

Hey! S1 here. They offer interviews on a rolling basis and offer acceptances to a small number of folks after interviews (2 ish weeks). The rest of those interviewed find out near Christmas. Obviously, this year is weird. But it’s how they’ve done it before. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I sent my GRE score on 5/6, submitted my GW CASPA app on 5/29, completed and paid for the GW supplemental on 5/29, and received verification from the program on 6/16 that they received all of my application materials and that my app is under review.

Havent heard anything back yet, has anyone else? Interviews are Sept-Dec I believe, so it might still be too early to be hearing back from them.

Best of luck to everyone!!

14 minutes ago, SarahMi said:

Hi everyone! I sent my GRE score on 5/6, submitted my GW CASPA app on 5/29, completed and paid for the GW supplemental on 5/29, and received verification from the program on 6/16 that they received all of my application materials and that my app is under review.

Havent heard anything back yet, has anyone else? Interviews are Sept-Dec I believe, so it might still be too early to be hearing back from them.

Best of luck to everyone!!

I haven’t heard anything else either. I think on the website it said they’ll send out emails about interviews 2 weeks before so maybe August or early September we’ll hear something!

• Like 1

Just now, corrinafaye said:

I haven’t heard anything else either. I think on the website it said they’ll send out emails about interviews 2 weeks before so maybe August or early September we’ll hear something!

Yeah that's what I saw too. Keep me posted if you hear anything around that time!

On 7/26/2020 at 9:26 AM, MS613 said:

is anyone applying with a GRE under 300? I got a 294 wondering if i should retake....they dont give a minimum.

Although I think that the GRE is probably one of the lesser important aspects of the application, I do feel like most programs look at a 300 or above score as the "check off" score, if that makes sense. So, it may not be a bad idea, especially since you are relatively close to a 300 score! I received a 301 and took it again 25 days later and got a 310, so if you do decide to retake it I would suggest focusing on the strategic aspect strictly the next time around as opposed to content (at least in my case that was most helpful and improved my score and how I felt about the test greatly in a short period of time). Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2020 at 4:47 PM, SarahMi said:

Yeah that's what I saw too. Keep me posted if you hear anything around that time!

I have been hearing that a lot of programs are pushing back interviews this year because of COVID-19, so interview invites may be closer to the end of August/ beginning of September

Edited by ELindaP
  • Upvote 1

On 7/26/2020 at 9:26 AM, MS613 said:

is anyone applying with a GRE under 300? I got a 294 wondering if i should retake....they dont give a minimum.

Remember scores don't matter as much as percentages! This is what it says on their website. Most schools will list an "average" or "competitive" student profile. 

image.thumb.png.50e3159256d00bc9b303866f85753d4e.png

10 hours ago, vtr8n said:

Is having a 3.2 GPA too low for GW? Should I even bother applying? I'm really interested in their dual program because they have a lot of great MPH concentrations to choose from. 

Pt care hrs: 3,000+

Gre: 305

Major: Human Bio/ Minor: Healthcare

What is the typical GPA of a competitive applicant?

The average undergraduate cumulative GPA of applicants for the most recent class was 3.58 with a science GPA of 3.57. GPAs vary from one class to another as the applicant pool varies.

If that is your cGPA, I would say it also matters what your sGPA is. If your sGPA is closer to their average than I would say definitely try.

What is the average GRE score of a competitive applicant?

A competitive GRE score is in the 80th percentile or higher for GRE Verbal and in the 60th percentile or higher for GRE Quantatative with a 4.0 or greater Analytical score.

I would also say it depends on your GRE percentiles as well! Of course these are just averages so you can be slightly below, but this is a "competitive applicant profile" listed on their website!

Hope this helps!!

11 hours ago, vtr8n said:

Is having a 3.2 GPA too low for GW? Should I even bother applying? I'm really interested in their dual program because they have a lot of great MPH concentrations to choose from. 

Pt care hrs: 3,000+

Gre: 305

Major: Human Bio/ Minor: Healthcare

As someone who used to work in college admissions, I always recommend that students take averages with a grain of salt. It is implied that individuals both below and above those numbers apply and are accepted! As long as you meet the minimum requirement, you qualify to apply for a reason. If there are certain parts of your application that aren't as strong, make other portions shine to balance it out (aka, really utilize that personal statement to set yourself apart!) I say go for it! Especially if you're interested in the MPH dual program, that is something that can certainly make you stand apart. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Chloe7116 said:

What is the typical GPA of a competitive applicant?

The average undergraduate cumulative GPA of applicants for the most recent class was 3.58 with a science GPA of 3.57. GPAs vary from one class to another as the applicant pool varies.

If that is your cGPA, I would say it also matters what your sGPA is. If your sGPA is closer to their average than I would say definitely try.

What is the average GRE score of a competitive applicant?

A competitive GRE score is in the 80th percentile or higher for GRE Verbal and in the 60th percentile or higher for GRE Quantatative with a 4.0 or greater Analytical score.

I would also say it depends on your GRE percentiles as well! Of course these are just averages so you can be slightly below, but this is a "competitive applicant profile" listed on their website!

Hope this helps!!

Got it thank you!!! Appreciate the prompt feedback. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PABoi said:

As someone who used to work in college admissions, I always recommend that students take averages with a grain of salt. It is implied that individuals both below and above those numbers apply and are accepted! As long as you meet the minimum requirement, you qualify to apply for a reason. If there are certain parts of your application that aren't as strong, make other portions shine to balance it out (aka, really utilize that personal statement to set yourself apart!) I say go for it! Especially if you're interested in the MPH dual program, that is something that can certainly make you stand apart. 

This definitely lowered my anxiety by... a lot haha. Thank you so much for your help. 

I'm glad that GW's secondary "essay" allows me to go more into why I want to do the dual program. I will for sure use that to my advantage. 

• Like 1