2020-2021 George Washington University

On 8/31/2020 at 6:43 AM, zag263 said:

Does anyone know how many students they admit in a cohort? Also, are there separate cohorts for the 2-year and 3-year programs, or do they just accept a single cohort of a mixture of both (like 30 2-year and 30 3-year)?

From what I’ve gathered it’s a very small 3 year cohort like 15-20 people! 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:23 AM, sweatpea0519 said:

PA-1 here! I’ll be one of your social hour hosts! We can’t wait to “meet” you guys and answer your questions! Some of us will also be your panelist the next day :)) Good luck on your interview! 

Yay! Can't wait to 'meet' you tomorrow too, super excited! Any last minute advice prior to the interview? I've had one MMI so far, but I am still nervous for Sat 😆

1 hour ago, c88oats said:

I don't think you can share the questions asked. Don't the interviewees have to sign an NDA? But I am also curious to hear how it went and how they formatted/set up an MMI style interview virtually? Hope everyone who interviewed crushed it! 

We did have to sign an NDA, but I can tell you that the process went very smoothly and all of the information sessions were super informative and helpful. Excellent program with a dedicated group of staff, alumni, and students! Hope everyone who also attended yesterday's interview felt like they did well and wishing the rest of the applicants future success in their upcoming interviews.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

For those of you who have not yet seized the opportunity, you should use sites like these to build connections, meet people, and network, in addition to learning more about programs and matriculant stats. There is nothing more rewarding and beneficial towards personal growth, both career wise and socially, than to meet people with similar interests, personality types, and aspirations in life.

Once, years ago, I met a girl on one of these types of threads who was also applying to MPH programs and we exchanged contact information and began to chat and keep each other updated about our respective application cycles to MPH programs. Now, 5 years and a masters degree later (we both ended up attending the same MPH program in the same class), we are very, very close friends and colleagues, and I will even be attending her wedding next summer (fingers crossed) in California. It just goes to show you that some of these connections can be more fruitful than anticipated!

For anyone who wants to chat, please dm me and I'd love to talk all things PA (and even life)!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, c88oats said:

I don't think you can share the questions asked. Don't the interviewees have to sign an NDA? But I am also curious to hear how it went and how they formatted/set up an MMI style interview virtually? Hope everyone who interviewed crushed it! 

Also want to confirm that the interviews were seamless despite the last minute changes to conducting them online. Staff were very helpful and attentive throughout the entire process. It was great meeting all the interviewees on the screen! I learned a lot from the process itself and would like to thank everyone for being so welcoming. 

I hope everyone felt good about interview day on Saturday! I also thought it went super smoothly and actually really enjoyed the MMI format. Does anyone know if they will send out any rejections in the next couple weeks too for those who interviewed, or do they not send any of those out until they make final acceptances in November/December?? Super anxious to hear when they start sending out those initial acceptances! Good luck everyone!

2 minutes ago, rmy0508 said:

me too mine is at 8pm EST!!!!! I called multiple times!!! and left multiple VMs !! Sitting here freaking out..but maybe we are freaking out together??

YUP definitely freaking out together. They have to re-do this, there is no way we can be disqualified for this!!!! I am not sure; I don't see any other posts from earlier time slots, so it must just be us???? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brachialsaurus said:

YUP definitely freaking out together. They have to re-do this, there is no way we can be disqualified for this!!!! I am not sure; I don't see any other posts from earlier time slots, so it must just be us???? 

yeah I feel like we would've seen if someone else had an issue from earlier. 

god bless this forum am I right? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1