@dean227 and @Devinjoelle- I'm so sorry your experiences with SCU left something to be desired, it truly is unfortunate. Regarding the Zoom connectivity and interview scheduling mishaps, we must all try and remember that there is an ongoing pandemic; most schools were not prepared to handle full-time online learning, let alone online interviews which are historically performed in-person. If nothing else, 2020 taught us to have more patience, tolerance, and grace.

@Jewels - Well said and thank you for remaining positive. With forums and social media in general, we tend to compare ourselves with others (i.e. what are your stats, what type of questions were asked, what was your experience, etc) which ultimately, in my opinion, ends up creating more anxiety - especially if you go into an interview expecting one thing and get the complete opposite.

@Solimar - Prayers for you and the rest of Texas right now. Glad to hear you are safe and although more stressed, try and enjoy the process tomorrow. And to the rest of those with upcoming interviews - go in with an open mind; different interviewers will have different agendas, questions, and personalities. Be yourself,  be honest and genuine in your responses, and have fun. You're going to do great.

Fingers crossed for all waiting to hear back from SCU - Friday is tomorrow! 🙂 Have a great weekend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KortneyDaly said:

@dean227 and @Devinjoelle- I'm so sorry your experiences with SCU left something to be desired, it truly is unfortunate. Regarding the Zoom connectivity and interview scheduling mishaps, we must all try and remember that there is an ongoing pandemic; most schools were not prepared to handle full-time online learning, let alone online interviews which are historically performed in-person. If nothing else, 2020 taught us to have more patience, tolerance, and grace.

@Jewels - Well said and thank you for remaining positive. With forums and social media in general, we tend to compare ourselves with others (i.e. what are your stats, what type of questions were asked, what was your experience, etc) which ultimately, in my opinion, ends up creating more anxiety - especially if you go into an interview expecting one thing and get the complete opposite.

@Solimar - Prayers for you and the rest of Texas right now. Glad to hear you are safe and although more stressed, try and enjoy the process tomorrow. And to the rest of those with upcoming interviews - go in with an open mind; different interviewers will have different agendas, questions, and personalities. Be yourself,  be honest and genuine in your responses, and have fun. You're going to do great.

Fingers crossed for all waiting to hear back from SCU - Friday is tomorrow! 🙂 Have a great weekend.

I agree, 2020 definitely showed us that. I’m sorry if I made anyone feel negative about this program. I truly only wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience. I did enjoy getting to know the faculty & I am excited for those of you that made connections with this program. Once I created a new account and was able to rejoin I felt the interview itself was well run & I did feel like the questions allowed me to present who I was. It was my fault I was flustered because I truly believed I would not get to interview due to being kicked out.  I apologize if I discouraged anyone against this program, it wasn’t my intention. Again, best of luck to everyone. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Devinjoelle said:

I agree, 2020 definitely showed us that. I’m sorry if I made anyone feel negative about this program. I truly only wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience. I did enjoy getting to know the faculty & I am excited for those of you that made connections with this program. Once I created a new account and was able to rejoin I felt the interview itself was well run & I did feel like the questions allowed me to present who I was. It was my fault I was flustered because I truly believed I would not get to interview due to being kicked out.  I apologize if I discouraged anyone against this program, it wasn’t my intention. Again, best of luck to everyone. 

No apologies necessary! I cannot imagine the stress you must’ve felt. Glad to know the rest of the interview went well, again, sorry about your sour experience.

Wishing you the absolute best in the program you do decide on attending. 

• Like 3

Interviewed today 2/19/21. Logged on 30 minutes before. They showed a video of the campus (virtual tour) and had 15 mins for a Q&A with the admissions team. Then at our desginated interview time, we were broken up into our break rooms for our individual interviews. Interview lasted 30 minutes. I was given 5 minutes at the end to ask my interviewers any questions.

Edited by Dgarcia
  • Like 1