Hi all! I interviewed 2/2 and reading all these recent posts finally made me want to share that I had a lot of situational questions too which REALLY threw me off because so many current students told me the interview last year was “chill”, short, and traditional!! I was really excited by the program beforehand but the interview process was bit of a let down. I’m lowkey kind of glad to see some people agree now lol

Edited by ameiyan
Correction

Guest Paapp20202021
2 minutes ago, ameiyan said:

Hi all! I interviewed 2/2 and reading all these recent posts finally made me want to share that I had a lot of situational questions too which REALLY threw me off because so many current students told me the interview last year was “chill”, short, and traditional!! I was really excited by the program beforehand but the interview process was total a let down. I’m lowkey kind of glad to see some people agree now lol

I wish you guys all the best of luck! And congrats to all getting accepted! I pray that you all get into the school you feel fits you most. Unfortunately, this school isn’t for me after interviewing. Much love to you guys and Goodluck on your PA journeys ❤️

1 hour ago, Ilenia said:

I agree completely with you! Did you interview on Wednesday too? I noticed people who interviewed that day said similar things to this as opposed to last week where they asked more traditional and conversational questions. I had mine at 1:15 on Wednesday the 10th. 

Yeah I had mine at 12:30 on Wednesday the 10th. And yeah I talked to someone who said she got traditional and pretty easy situational questions and it was super laid back but that was not my experience haha I wonder why so many of us had the questions we did versus last weeks’ applicants!

3 hours ago, Ilenia said:

Has anyone who interviewed last week get an acceptance call today? Trying to see if theres any hope or if they call you only the week of your interview for acceptance. 😬

Im curious about this too! I interviewed Wednesday in the 12:00pm group but am still hopefully waiting for a call. I know they mentioned they would still consider the interviews from previous weeks as the month went on but I'm wondering how likely that is. 

Edited by 97mlmPA

15 hours ago, 97mlmPA said:

Im curious about this too! I interviewed Wednesday in the 12:00pm group but am still hopefully waiting for a call. I know they mentioned they would still consider the interviews from previous weeks as the month went on but I'm wondering how likely that is. 

Did they mention that?? I must have missed that but that’s awesome. I’m hoping someone has gotten a call even after the week of their interview! 🙏🏽 

• Like 2

Guest dean227
22 minutes ago, prepa0108 said:

Hi all! For those who had scenario questions, were you able to include personal stories in your responses to allow the interviewers to get to know you better? Or was it more so navigating hypothetical situations?

Kind of a mix but for me it was the latter. 

1 hour ago, prepa0108 said:

Hi all! For those who had scenario questions, were you able to include personal stories in your responses to allow the interviewers to get to know you better? Or was it more so navigating hypothetical situations?

I think that is a great question.

As an interviewee, the best responses typically tell your story and show the program who you are as a person/candidate. In my interview, I tried to relate my personal experience and work history to every question regardless of whether it was scenario-based or traditional.

Best of luck!

• Like 4

I wanted to give this program the benefit of the doubt but after my interview experience I thought I should share and ask if anyone had a similar experience. First, when I received my invitation to interview I accepted it within 3 days and then on the 7th day I received an email stating that my interview was forfeited. I then had to reach out to them about this mistake and I did not receive an apology only an email stating they got my intent to interview. Now flash forward to today, when assigning me to the breakout room for my interview I was kicked out of the zoom meeting and I was unable to rejoin due to them kicking my account out. I then had to make a whole new zoom account through a separate email account which thank goodness I had. At this point I was a bit frustrated, but tried to stay calm. Then the faculty and interviews acted like this issue was my fault and did not apologize and just said "oh its okay that you had technical issues." This interview made me feel very put down and discouraged, unlike the other two programs I interview at. 

• Sad 4

Guest dean227
39 minutes ago, Devinjoelle said:

I wanted to give this program the benefit of the doubt but after my interview experience I thought I should share and ask if anyone had a similar experience. First, when I received my invitation to interview I accepted it within 3 days and then on the 7th day I received an email stating that my interview was forfeited. I then had to reach out to them about this mistake and I did not receive an apology only an email stating they got my intent to interview. Now flash forward to today, when assigning me to the breakout room for my interview I was kicked out of the zoom meeting and I was unable to rejoin due to them kicking my account out. I then had to make a whole new zoom account through a separate email account which thank goodness I had. At this point I was a bit frustrated, but tried to stay calm. Then the faculty and interviews acted like this issue was my fault and did not apologize and just said "oh its okay that you had technical issues." This interview made me feel very put down and discouraged, unlike the other two programs I interview at. 

Omg I’m sorry you had such a horrible experience! I personally did not feel like I learned much from the program in the interview or they learned enough about me. They barely spoke about their program, and seems like each person interviewing had a different set of questions which is hard to judge if one person was able to express their personal experience more with traditional questions versus scenario based. Also the fact they never brought up their probation status. If I had your experience I would be extremely frustrated with the whole experience, I personally didn’t like my interview and I cannot imagine how you felt! I’ve interviewed at other programs and can say I had better experiences than this interview. 

Oh wow. I am very surprised to hear this because I had a great experience interviewing today. The questions I was asked allowed me to add personal stories and incorporate my work experiences into my answers. I felt those interviewing me were very welcoming and created an environment I felt comfortable in. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and I wish everyone the best!

Edited by ChristinaH
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ChristinaH said:

Oh wow. I am very surprised to hear this because I had a great experience interviewing today. The questions I was asked allowed me to add personal stories and incorporate my work experiences into my answers. I felt those interviewing me were very welcoming and created an environment I felt comfortable in. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and I wish everyone the best!

I’m glad you had a good experience! I felt the initial welcome portion where we were together was good and I had a good mindset. It was nice meeting you btw. All the other factors of me getting kicked out and all, ultimately led to the other issues I believe. So happy that you didn’t have the same experience & I wish you the best of luck!!

Anyone else in Texas experiencing blackouts, water shut-offs, gas shut offs, and fuel shortage? I just left my wonderful Austin, TX apartment after 72 hours without power or water to stay with my boyfriend's family 5 hours away. My interview is on Friday and was starting to worry I would still not have power back by then. I'm so relieved everything worked out but I cannot believe all this happened days before my interview. I am now safe and with all services but still have no idea when I'll be able to return. All my friends are back in Austin and struggling, I'm having such a hard time focusing on my interview prep. Not sure why I'm posting this. Maybe just to see if there are any other Texans out there just trying to get into school during these insane times, I feel your pain.

Marisol

I finally interviewed yesterday! I feel the interview was a mix of both traditional and scenario type of questions. I hope I did well enough to receive an invite and get to meet the rest of the cohort. If things do not pan out, I just want to wish everyone the best 🙂

I hope to get a call from Trina tomorrow!! 

**I hope everyone gets accepted regardless what school they pick

Edited by patpat702
*additional comment
  • Like 1

Guest Paapp20202021
20 hours ago, Devinjoelle said:

I’ve had 3 interviews this cycle and This was by far the worst interview experience I’ve had to be honest. If you have another option on where to go, chose that school rather than this one

Hi, I just wanted to say I am sorry to those that did have a bad experience but it is not that way for everyone. I have had 4 other interview experiences and this one was definitely top two. I have had a group interview where the questions were traditional, I have had an MMI format which is all situational, and two interviews that were majority traditional question with 2 faculty members and just me. It seems as though everyone had a different experience when it comes to question style. In my opinion (again this is just my opinion), there are two factors that go into an interview and how it plays out. I would say one of the factors would be who is interviewing you and if you are able to make a connection. One thing I learned during my interviews are that some will be very straight faced and hard to read, others are outgoing and want you to feel comfortable. Whoever you get as your interviewer truly is just luck of the draw. Second factor (again, my opinion) is you. You have to do your best to present yourself the way you want and really let them get to know you regardless if your interview is pure situational/behavioral. The best interviews I have had were my MMI which is all scenario and my interview with SCUHS. I know some people who have been interviewing at SCUHS have had a format similar to MMI, and I just want to say it is not impossible to show who you are with questions like that. Just integrate your stories or things you've seen at work or even your personal life that is not related to a hospital setting and relate every answer back to how those aspects/experiences you have had will make you a great PA. As for my SCUHS interview, I think I was just really lucky in the faculty members who interviewed me. Every time I answered a question, they would ask me about something I had mentioned and to further explain it and this really allowed me to show who I really am. I felt as though they really were listening to me and like the wanted to get to know me.  So for people who haven't interviewed yet and are feeling down or discouraged due to all the negativity on this page, just know that is not how everyone feels. I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey and to those still preparing or waiting for their interviews, I hope you all do awesome! My last piece of advise, is remember what you are interviewing for, so make sure to always relate everything back to how it will help you be a PA/better PA! Also, BE YOURSELF, even if your interviewer comes off cold or uninterested (speaking from experience), don't let that psych you out! Good luck!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Guest dean227
27 minutes ago, Jewels said:

Hi, I just wanted to say I am sorry to those that did have a bad experience but it is not that way for everyone. I have had 4 other interview experiences and this one was definitely top two. I have had a group interview where the questions were traditional, I have had an MMI format which is all situational, and two interviews that were majority traditional question with 2 faculty members and just me. It seems as though everyone had a different experience when it comes to question style. In my opinion (again this is just my opinion), there are two factors that go into an interview and how it plays out. I would say one of the factors would be who is interviewing you and if you are able to make a connection. One thing I learned during my interviews are that some will be very straight faced and hard to read, others are outgoing and want you to feel comfortable. Whoever you get as your interviewer truly is just luck of the draw. Second factor (again, my opinion) is you. You have to do your best to present yourself the way you want and really let them get to know you regardless if your interview is pure situational/behavioral. The best interviews I have had were my MMI which is all scenario and my interview with SCUHS. I know some people who have been interviewing at SCUHS have had a format similar to MMI, and I just want to say it is not impossible to show who you are with questions like that. Just integrate your stories or things you've seen at work or even your personal life that is not related to a hospital setting and relate every answer back to how those aspects/experiences you have had will make you a great PA. As for my SCUHS interview, I think I was just really lucky in the faculty members who interviewed me. Every time I answered a question, they would ask me about something I had mentioned and to further explain it and this really allowed me to show who I really am. I felt as though they really were listening to me and like the wanted to get to know me.  So for people who haven't interviewed yet and are feeling down or discouraged due to all the negativity on this page, just know that is not how everyone feels. I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey and to those still preparing or waiting for their interviews, I hope you all do awesome! My last piece of advise, is remember what you are interviewing for, so make sure to always relate everything back to how it will help you be a PA/better PA! Also, BE YOURSELF, even if your interviewer comes off cold or uninterested (speaking from experience), don't let that psych you out! Good luck!

I’m glad you had a favorable experience. Unfortunately it didn’t seem like that for all who interviewed with SCU. Nonetheless, each person is more comfortable with different interview styles. We all just shared our experiences. In the end it’s what the person interviewing feels, not what other people say. So I hope you hear good news from SCU if you haven’t already! In the end we are all trying to be PA students, no matter where we go. 🤗🤗

28 minutes ago, dean227 said:

I’m glad you had a favorable experience. Unfortunately it didn’t seem like that for all who interviewed with SCU. Nonetheless, each person is more comfortable with different interview styles. We all just shared our experiences. In the end it’s what the person interviewing feels, not what other people say. So I hope you hear good news from SCU if you haven’t already! In the end we are all trying to be PA students, no matter where we go. 🤗🤗

Hi, 

Of course, I completely understand that. I just wanted to share my experience as well since everyone was sharing there’s. I know someone made a comment that they had a bad experience and that if people who got into this one if they had options to chose the latter, which I felt was unfair. Like you said it really depends on how comfortable the person felt at the end of the day. I just felt as though there are a lot of people sharing their negative experiences and I just wanted to let people know not all experiences are bad. Especially since there are still people waiting for their upcoming interview and I don’t want people to feel discouraged or go in with a negative mind set about the school. I appreciate everyone experiences and what the had to share but I felt like sharing mine as well☺️☺️☺️ and I definitely agree the end goal is PA school and good luck to you and where you end up going!🥳

Edited by Jewels
Added info at the end
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, chelseagi said:

Has anyone else not received any news yet? Staying hopeful and positive, but just wondering! 🙂

Not yet, they make calls on Friday so hoping for a call tomorrow! They said they will only make acceptance calls on Friday’s so be on the lookout tomorrow but I also haven’t received a rejection email or anything either so not sure if anyone has. Good luck to you!! 🙂 When did you interview?  

Edited by Ilenia

1 hour ago, asianndra said:

Hello everyone! Curious to everyone who interviewed, did they give you an opportunity to ask questions about the program?

Hi,

I interviewed last week on Wed at 1:15. I know some people logged on a little early because when I logged people were asking some of the staff questions. Also, after I answered my last question, the interviewers asked me if I had any questions. So yes, there are opportunities to ask what you’d like. ☺️ Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asianndra said:

Hello everyone! Curious to everyone who interviewed, did they give you an opportunity to ask questions about the program?

When I had my interview, both faculty members did present about 5 or so minutes to ask questions. I really wanted to know how covid affected the current classes and if they expected everyone to graduate on time, which they affirmed they did. I also reached out to current students that I follow on social media, which I found extremely helpful too in learning more about the program! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1