I am so exited about this program, but mildly concerned about their accreditation status. I saw on their website that their PANCE first time passing rates had a huge jump from 84% to 91% which is a great sign. I'm anxious to see how the current class performs. I know that their next accreditation review isn't until 9/2022. If they stay in probation, what does that mean for 2023 class? Thank you to anyone who can explain this more.

2 minutes ago, ajbracken said:

I am so exited about this program, but mildly concerned about their accreditation status. I saw on their website that their PANCE first time passing rates had a huge jump from 84% to 91% which is a great sign. I'm anxious to see how the current class performs. I know that their next accreditation review isn't until 9/2022. If they stay in probation, what does that mean for 2023 class? Thank you to anyone who can explain this more.

You will still be eligible to sit for the PANCE. A school with a probationary accreditation still meets the standards and is considered accredited still, thus all students matriculating this cycle will be eligible in 2023 to sit for the PANCE. If in sept 2022 SCU has its probation revoked, then the 2022 future class will be affected. 

• Like 2

Agree with @EmilyJean.

@ajbracken Congrats on being accepted and I wouldn't worry about probation status. SCU has been around for 100 years (formerly LA Chiro College) and is a great, established school within the community. In the FAQs section on the website, under "Accreditation"  all your questions are answered in detail by SCU. Here is a direct link.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MC2021 said:

Hey guys I'm new on the forum. I just interviewed for SCU today. I think it went well but we are our worst critic! 

I interviewed today too. I did my best too, but you never know what to expect from them. 
anybody know how long will it take them to give you an answer? I asked them at the end and they said you most hear by the end of march after they have interviewed all the applicants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abode said:

I interviewed today too. I did my best too, but you never know what to expect from them. 
anybody know how long will it take them to give you an answer? I asked them at the end and they said you most hear by the end of march after they have interviewed all the applicants. 

Yeah me too. Trina said she calls on Friday’s so stay close to your phone Friday. The call may be a private. Good luck. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chelseagi said:

Hello everyone,

For those who have interviewed, can you please give any insight on what type of interview/questions SCUHS is conducting this year? Is an an MMI? Any information would help. Congrats to those who have already been accepted and to those who have recieved an interview! 

Hey! Mine were almost all ethical questions, like what would you do in certain scenarios. I definitely don’t feel confident after my interview but hoping for the best. Good luck! 🙂

Guest Paapp20202021
12 minutes ago, Ilenia said:

Hey! Mine were almost all ethical questions, like what would you do in certain scenarios. I definitely don’t feel confident after my interview but hoping for the best. Good luck! 🙂

Lmaoo it’s okay I messed up on one question but it is what is

35 minutes ago, Ilenia said:

Thank you for that information definitely helpful! Were they timed answers as in MMI’s? Please don’t lose hope! 😊

17 hours ago, chelseagi said:

Hello everyone,

For those who have interviewed, can you please give any insight on what type of interview/questions SCUHS is conducting this year? Is an an MMI? Any information would help. Congrats to those who have already been accepted and to those who have recieved an interview! 

Hi, I know some people got all ethical/scenario based questions. For me I only had one ethical/scenario based question. Other than that my questions were every much traditional. I really think it depends on your interviewer. Just be prepared for anything. And no your responses are not timed, at least mine weren’t.

Guest dean227
3 minutes ago, Jewels said:

Hi, I know some people got all ethical/scenario based questions. For me I only had one ethical/scenario based question. Other than that my questions were every much traditional. I really think it depends on your interviewer. Just be prepared for anything. And no your responses are not timed, at least mine weren’t.

Oh that’s interesting I had gotten all ethical/scenario based questions when I interviewed. 

Guest Paapp20202021
1 hour ago, Jewels said:

1 hour ago, Ilenia said:

They were not timed! But aww thank you, you got this! 🙂 

Idk about you guys but My interviewer recorded my interview lol 

22 hours ago, asianndra said:

Can anyone give me some tips and guiders as to how the interview process is and what it is like? I just got asked to do an interview and I'm totally lost on how to prepare for SCU's!

21 hours ago, chelseagi said:

Hello everyone,

It’s not MMI and the questions aren’t timed, although I think they only allot 30 minutes at most for the entire interview? Because at the 25th minute mark, I remember seeing a little notification from Trina telling us to wrap things up in 5 minutes.

You get assigned to a break room to interview with a faculty member and a PA. Just be prepare to answer any and all types of questions, both traditional and situational/ethical. Judging from what everyone else said, it looks like the types of questions asked varied depending on who conducted the interview. For me, I had 1 traditional question (tell me about yourself) and everything else was situational/ethical questions. I can’t even remember how many questions they asked me because it was one right after the other 🥲.

• Like 1