Guest Paapp20202021
On 1/30/2021 at 2:47 PM, KortneyDaly said:

@sunrise230 - thanks Mike and best of luck to you as well!

Does anyone know if this program has housing or recommends housing nearby? This is a common concern for me being an out of state applicant and not being able to attend interview in person doesn’t help

37 minutes ago, Paapp20202021 said:

Does anyone know if this program has housing or recommends housing nearby? This is a common concern for me being an out of state applicant and not being able to attend interview in person doesn’t help

I was thinking about this too, started looking at apartments online but its difficult to trust without visiting in person. 

Guest Paapp20202021
Just now, Solimar said:

I was thinking about this too, started looking at apartments online but its difficult to trust without visiting in person. 

I will definitely be interested to see what they have to say because I was looking on google maps and the campus is so small and surrounded by so many homes. There’s no city life unless you wanna visit LA which is 20 minutes away on your free time and I’m sure rent there is crazy expensive

@Paapp20202021 and @Solimar - I am an out-of-state applicant as well. While researching the website I found Rentals and Rooms for Rent in Whittier, hope this helps! You can also schedule a 1-on-1 virtual session with a current student if you'd like to ask more pointed questions regarding housing/campus/city life.

https://scuhs.libguides.com/studentservices/rentals

Best of luck on your upcoming interviews!

• Like 1

Guest Paapp20202021
14 minutes ago, KortneyDaly said:

@Paapp20202021 and @Solimar - I am an out-of-state applicant as well. While researching the website I found Rentals and Rooms for Rent in Whittier, hope this helps! You can also schedule a 1-on-1 virtual session with a current student if you'd like to ask more pointed questions regarding housing/campus/city life.

Thank you so much

@patpat702 - Thank you for the good luck wishes!

@ajbracken - I'm sure your interview went well, fingers crossed for an acceptance call!

@sunrise230 - To answer your earlier question regarding timeframe: the introduction and interview lasted about 1 hour in total (from logging in 30 minutes prior to my scheduled interview to the interview itself). The faculty and staff were all very welcoming and encouraged any and all questions. Just be yourself, you'll do great!

Best of luck to everyone else with upcoming interviews!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guest Paapp20202021
3 hours ago, KortneyDaly said:

@ajbracken - I'm sure your interview went well, fingers crossed for an acceptance call!

@sunrise230 - To answer your earlier question regarding timeframe: the introduction and interview lasted about 1 hour in total (from logging in 30 minutes prior to my scheduled interview to the interview itself). The faculty and staff were all very welcoming and encouraged any and all questions. Just be yourself, you'll do great!

How was you experience? What did you like or dislike?

6 hours ago, KortneyDaly said:

Thank you @KortneyDaly!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KortneyDaly said:

I second this! The whole interview lasted an hour but the actual faculty interview itself was about 20-30 minutes. You have to log in to zoom 30 minutes before your scheduled time where you check in, confirm contact info, take a personality quiz, and watch a video about the campus. Questions were mixed; I had some traditional ones and then some odd-ball ones but none were too difficult and I just spoke from the heart. The faculty answered all my questions and were very friendly. All in all, a great experience and now I'm anxiously waiting for a phone call. I hope this helps!

On 2/1/2021 at 10:43 AM, KortneyDaly said:

Thanks for sharing this link!

• Like 1

For those who have received their interview date and time, how long did you have to wait after receiving your RSVP confirmation to get a date and time? Also, what is your date? 

I received my RSVP confirmation email on 1/28/2021, so I was just wondering how far in advance everyones been hearing their date/time. TIA 🙂 good luck to everyone! 

1 minute ago, justtrynabeapa said:

For those who have received their interview date and time, how long did you have to wait after receiving your RSVP confirmation to get a date and time? Also, what is your date? 

I received my RSVP confirmation email on 1/28/2021, so I was just wondering how far in advance everyones been hearing their date/time. TIA 🙂 good luck to everyone! 

I got mine the following week

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benyonce said:

Does anyone know if the interview time in the email is Pacific Standard Time? My interview is for today at 09:15 which I assumed was in central time (given I'm in Chicago) but I'm thinking it might be 11:15 central time. 

Thanks!

I think it would be pacific time since Cali is pacific time. It should say in you interview links! Good luck!

• Like 1