2020-2021 Application Cycle

22 hours ago, ChrisClemPA said:

Hello, still waiting on an interview invite. Can anyone tell me a little more about the differences between the WS and Boone cohorts, and why they have two campuses 1 1/2 hours apart? How do they pick which campus you go to?

They talk about it a bit more in the interview as well. I think the main difference is the size - WS is a bigger cohort and a bigger campus, while Boone is a bit smaller and is a part of Appalachian State University I believe. I don't really know what the algorithm is for them to choose which applicants get placed at which campus - but if you have any circumstances that would cause you to need to be in one location over the other (i.e. your spouse living/ working closer to one of the schools or something like that) then they somewhat give you a choice. Other than that, they say they base it off your application and which cohort would be the "better fit". Good luck!!!

Just received an interview invite yesterday as well - I sent in my supplemental application the day before it was due (essays delayed me a bit) so if anyone is curious, I have to assume that they have at least looked at all applications by now. There were two dates to pick from (12/1 and 1/6 I believe) when I clicked the link. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 4:09 PM, sxxnw said:

Just received an interview invite yesterday as well - I sent in my supplemental application the day before it was due (essays delayed me a bit) so if anyone is curious, I have to assume that they have at least looked at all applications by now. There were two dates to pick from (12/1 and 1/6 I believe) when I clicked the link. 

Oh boy, I wonder if I like completely failed CASPER hahaha

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knew a little about the Boone campus and the kind of facilities they have. I got accepted to the Boone campus and wanted to make sure I would still have all of the same resources as the Winston-Salem campus (like the simulation labs, cadavers, etc.). If anyone knows a little more information about this or knows anyone in the program they could direct me to I would greatly appreciate it! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cc1010 said:

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knew a little about the Boone campus and the kind of facilities they have. I got accepted to the Boone campus and wanted to make sure I would still have all of the same resources as the Winston-Salem campus (like the simulation labs, cadavers, etc.). If anyone knows a little more information about this or knows anyone in the program they could direct me to I would greatly appreciate it! 

From a current “Boonie” 1st year

9D060CD4-5F94-460B-A91F-EB04EA7B759F.jpeg

C8ED6FE0-E0A4-4EE4-9FDD-35167CCB15F4.jpeg

09991EE7-5C01-4A6C-AB3F-4E8A78574EE1.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...