2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 1/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, Celleenuh said:

Has anyone on the waitlist been accepted or denied recently?  I was placed on the waitlist back in September and I'm losing hope 😞 I am assuming they may get back to everyone at the end of the interview process, which I think is next week? Or do they interview in Feb too?

Thanks everyone.

I was on the active applicant list last year and when they were finished filling the class, Elise reached out and informed me that the class was full and how many were still on the active applicant list as well as where I was currently at on the list (which was in the middle of February last year)! She is extremely helpful and willing to provide and information about how to improve you application. Try and stay positive, I understand the stress and anxiety, but it is now out of your hands. Hope this is helpful for you! Good Luck!

Edited by BJT22

7 hours ago, BJT22 said:

I was on the active applicant list last year and when they were finished filling the class, Elise reached out and informed me that the class was full and how many were still on the active applicant list as well as where I was currently at on the list (which was in the middle of February last year)! She is extremely helpful and willing to provide and information about how to improve you application. Try and stay positive, I understand the stress and anxiety, but it is now out of your hands. Hope this is helpful for you! Good Luck!

Thank you for the info!! I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Hi Guys!

I interviewed on 12/1/2020 but I never got an email about my application status. Assuming COVID delays, I emailed this past Friday and Elise told me they sent an email with my current status on 12/15/2020 but I never got it! 😮 Rest assured, she sent me my email of my status and I have been placed on the active applicant cycle (what a relief, fingers crossed). Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who hasn't heard ANYTHING back since their interview! Good luck! 🙂 

Edited by reesespieces

1 hour ago, reesespieces said:

Hi Guys!

I interviewed on 12/1/2020 but I never got an email about my application status. Assuming COVID delays, I emailed this past Friday and Elise told me they sent an email with my current status on 12/15/2020 but I never got it! 😮 Rest assured, she sent me my email of my status and I have been placed on the active applicant cycle (what a relief, fingers crossed). Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who hasn't heard ANYTHING back since their interview! Good luck! 🙂 

Hey!

The EXACT same thing happened to me for my Dec 1 interview! I called them a few weeks ago to ask when they would be sending decisions, and they told me they had already sent me an email on 12/15 that I was on the active applicant list. I checked all through my trash and spam, but I never received it. You are not alone! They had to resend me my email as well.

• Like 1

Can anyone, especially current/prior students, comment on the pros and cons of the Boone campus? I have a few questions:

• How much Boone-specific learning takes place in a typical week? Meaning, how often are our "own" professors conducting lectures versus potentially televised/streamed content from the WS campus?
  • What actually occurs in Unit 1 in Winston-Salem? Moreover, where are you expected to live for this time?
  • Is cadaver dissection offered at Boone? If so, and in a "normal" year, how often? What happened with dissection with COVID?
  • What is the availability of clinical rotations for year 2 in Boone? This seems to be rural part of the state and I am curious of the clinical experience for those who reside in Boone. For example, the hospital in Boone is just over 100 beds aka a community hospital. Moreover, is it common for those to actually stay in Boone for the entire two years? I'm trying to get an idea of the amount of moving needed for this program...thus far, I know that the Boone cohort is going to require at least one additional move.
  • How is the housing situation in Boone? Does the fact that it has a college make things harder for our move-in/start times?
  • Hard from an OOS perspective, what has been open with the pandemic in this region (gyms, restaurants, etc)?

I'd definitely appreciate any feedback on this. One of the big selling points of Wake (besides its success,  history/longevity, and IBL) was having an 800+ bed academic teaching hospital in WS. Nevertheless, I am wondering how much time your typical student spends here, especially if you are in Boone.

Thank you!

Edited by TeddyRucpin
  • Upvote 1

On 1/21/2021 at 3:51 PM, Celleenuh said:

Has anyone on the waitlist been accepted or denied recently?  I was placed on the waitlist back in September and I'm losing hope 😞 I am assuming they may get back to everyone at the end of the interview process, which I think is next week? Or do they interview in Feb too?

Thanks everyone.

Hey there! Stay hopeful! I was placed on the waitlist October 2020, and just received a phone call on Monday 2/1/21 that I was accepted!! Keep the faith!! ☺️ Best of luck 🤞🏼 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 1:48 PM, BJT22 said:

Has anyone heard anything regarding their status on the active applicant list yet? Patiently waiting for some sort of news!

On 2/4/2021 at 2:10 PM, jmr6548 said:

Hi everyone! 

I would love to connect with others, especially those who were also accepted into ELP-Business! ☺️

congratulations to everyone accepted! Keep trying and have faith for those who are still waiting for their “yes”! It’s out there! 

Hi! I was also accepted into ELP-Business and would definitely be interested in getting to know the others in the program!