2020-2021 Application Cycle

Has anyone heard back from the 9/30 interview day? I am wondering if they’re going by interview days or if it’s all together. Anxious awaiting news...

I’m also from 9/30 interview and haven’t heard back! We just have to be patient I’m sure we’ll hear soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was placed in the Boone cohort—a little disappointed to be honest. Does anyone know if you can request the other campus?

How did you find out? And I think you had to send an email over the weekend about extenuating circumstances that make you want one campus over the other. I’m not positive though.

Just now, PrePAJen said:

How did you find out? And I think you had to send an email over the weekend about extenuating circumstances that make you want one campus over the other. I’m not positive though.

I clicked on the link in the email and when you login into your account if you scroll down there should be a link to a decision letter. I don’t have any circumstances that would prevent me from being at either campus, I was just hoping to be in Winston Salem at the main wake forest campus. Obviously both would provide a great education—just a little disappointed 

I clicked on the link in the email and when you login into your account if you scroll down there should be a link to a decision letter. I don’t have any circumstances that would prevent me from being at either campus, I was just hoping to be in Winston Salem at the main wake forest campus. Obviously both would provide a great education—just a little disappointed 

Thanks! I’ll look for it. And yeah both campuses are really nice at least and I think all students start at Winston Salem campus for the first month.

Hey everyone! Good luck to all of you on all of your applications and interviews! I'm interviewing on 10/20, any tips from those who have already interviewed? I'm also sharing my application timeline in case anyone might find it helpful. 

CASPA submitted on 6/8, verified on 6/12

supplemental application link received on 6/13, completed on 7/12, received 7/13

Interview offered on 9/24, interview set for 10/20

---------

GRE - 154 verbal, 155 quant, 4.0 analytical

overall GPA 3.51, science GPA 3.39 (I took it once in march and sent out my scores way before CASPA opened)

8000+ hours of patient contact as a civilian EMT and army medic

5 LOR - one PA, one NP, one nursing manager, one MD, and one former manager

On 10/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, juuuuuuuulia said:

Just got the acceptance call!!! Interviewed 9/15!!!

Hey congrats on the acceptance! I'm interviewing on 10/20 and I was wondering if you could tell me whether the interview is open or closed file? It would really help me to prepare, thanks! 

Edited by jjr731

It took a little over two weeks to hear back. Honestly, just stay relaxed! They really do just want to get to know you. I can’t say much about the interview because we were told not to but I enjoyed the experience. Just take a deep breathe and give yourself a pep talk right before. You know yourself better than anyone so just show them who you are! You’re gonna do great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrePAJen said:

It took a little over two weeks to hear back. Honestly, just stay relaxed! They really do just want to get to know you. I can’t say much about the interview because we were told not to but I enjoyed the experience. Just take a deep breathe and give yourself a pep talk right before. You know yourself better than anyone so just show them who you are! You’re gonna do great!

Hey thanks for the words of encouragement! Wondering if you could just tell me whether the interviews are open or closed-file? 

18 hours ago, PrePAJen said:

You’re welcome! And I’m not sure honestly.

Ok, no problem. Do you remeber if they referenced your application at all during the interview? Like did they seem to already know stuff about you? Also would you be able to tell me whether it was a traditional or MMI format? Seems like it's more traditional but I'm not sure. Thanks! 

46 minutes ago, jjr731 said:

Ok, no problem. Do you remeber if they referenced your application at all during the interview? Like did they seem to already know stuff about you? Also would you be able to tell me whether it was a traditional or MMI format? Seems like it's more traditional but I'm not sure. Thanks! 

It's more of a traditional format, but they did tell us not to share any information about the interview so that's all we can really say! I'm sorry!

• Like 1