2020 cycle

19 minutes ago, PAK2020 said:

Trying to hard to be patient...., don’t know if i should email someone to check on the status?? Opinions please! Received invite 8/19

I emailed them a few weeks ago and received a prompt response that they were working on Interview dates and they would be out soon. By the looks of it on this forum, they are interviewing based on every other rolling admissions program but date received. I submitted early July so it makes sense that those whom submitted early to late June would interview before me. At least I hope this is the case. Im just doing my beast to trust the process! I also received an interview invite on 8/19.

3 hours ago, gshak said:

Anyone who interviewed on 9/18 hasn’t heard back yet?

I interviewed on 9/18 but haven’t heard back yet. Getting nervous/discouraged since the 2 weeks are coming close and knowing that others from the same interview date have gotten acceptances makes it worse 😔. But super happy for those that got accepted though! 

On 10/2/2020 at 1:52 PM, gshak said:

Does anybody know if they notify interviewees who were not accepted? I interviewed on  9/18 and they said they will update us in two weeks and today is the last day of this period.

not sure if I should consider myself rejected??

I was in the same boat but got my rejection email today - if you haven’t heard anything yet maybe no news is good news? Good luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gshak said:

Hello,

anyone still waiting to hear back from the 9/18 interview? And do you think I should reach out to ask about their decision or just wait? The waiting is literally killing me 😓

I would maybe wait until this week is officially over. Since it's PA week, they might just be busy/backed up! Best of luck

1 hour ago, Jujumo said:

Do you mind sharing your interview experience? 

Sure! The interview itself was about a half hour of different types of interview styles. So, I got to meet a fair amount of faculty/alumni. I personally think it was very engaging to conduct a interview this way so that you're not just being drilled with questions for said amount of time! There's plenty of opportunities to talk to the other interviewees so make sure you make use of it to show your personality 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 5:35 PM, PAK2020 said:

Trying to hard to be patient...., don’t know if i should email someone to check on the status?? Opinions please! Received invite 8/19

Hey! Same here I called last week and they said they’d let me know within 2 weeks of a date but they are just finalizing the schedule. It’s been a weird time waiting for a date bc I have just been making sure not to schedule work on Fridays since 08/19 lol. Hopefully we get a date soon! If I’m a betting woman I’d guess 10/30? I’ll let you know if I hear anything

26 minutes ago, ROSCorGTFO said:

Hey! Same here I called last week and they said they’d let me know within 2 weeks of a date but they are just finalizing the schedule. It’s been a weird time waiting for a date bc I have just been making sure not to schedule work on Fridays since 08/19 lol. Hopefully we get a date soon! If I’m a betting woman I’d guess 10/30? I’ll let you know if I hear anything

This is really helpful thanks for calling! I am in the same boat. Waiting since 8/19.

6 hours ago, KaelynB said:

I just got an email this morning offering an interview on 10/16! (I received the original invite on 8/19... I am assuming someone declined the interview and I was next on the list of invites, but I am not sure!)

Do you mind sharing when you were originally notified that your application was under review by Marist? I believe I should be interviewing hopefully towards the end of Oct. I submitted and was verified first week in July and received initial invite on 8/19. 

Just received this email: 

Dear Gilane,

The Marist College Physician Assistant Studies Admission Committee has carefully considered and thoroughly evaluated your application and credentials. I am writing to inform you that your name has been placed on the wait list for the Physician Assistant Studies 2023 cohort pending completion of Organic Chemistry I with lab (4 credits) and Biochemistry (3 credits) with a "C" or better by January 15, 2021 . I regret that we are unable to extend an offer of admission at this time. Our decision is primarily the result of an increased number of well-qualified candidates seeking admission.

Please note that being placed on the wait list does not guarantee admission to the program.  The wait list will remain active up until the first day of classes. At that point the wait list is disbanded and those on the wait list are welcome to reapply to future cohorts.

In order to officially be placed on the wait list you must confirm by responding to this e-mail within ten business days

I appreciate your interest in our Physician Assistant Program. We regret that we cannot respond with more definite news at this time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Has anyone received a similar email?

20 hours ago, BeachBum7 said:

Do you mind sharing when you were originally notified that your application was under review by Marist? I believe I should be interviewing hopefully towards the end of Oct. I submitted and was verified first week in July and received initial invite on 8/19. 

Sure! I applied June 18, and Marist received my application on June 25. I hope you hear back soon! 🙂 

2 hours ago, gshak said:

Just received this email: 

Dear Gilane,

The Marist College Physician Assistant Studies Admission Committee has carefully considered and thoroughly evaluated your application and credentials. I am writing to inform you that your name has been placed on the wait list for the Physician Assistant Studies 2023 cohort pending completion of Organic Chemistry I with lab (4 credits) and Biochemistry (3 credits) with a "C" or better by January 15, 2021 . I regret that we are unable to extend an offer of admission at this time. Our decision is primarily the result of an increased number of well-qualified candidates seeking admission.

Please note that being placed on the wait list does not guarantee admission to the program.  The wait list will remain active up until the first day of classes. At that point the wait list is disbanded and those on the wait list are welcome to reapply to future cohorts.

In order to officially be placed on the wait list you must confirm by responding to this e-mail within ten business days

I appreciate your interest in our Physician Assistant Program. We regret that we cannot respond with more definite news at this time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Has anyone received a similar email?

Did you interview