2020-2021 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, alysd said:

Final rejection received today, as anticipated, since I didn’t get an interview. 

Going to attend the online preview day next weekend to feel things out for the upcoming cycle. Anyone else plan to be there? 

I’ll also be there! I received a denial today without an interview, which I totally expected but I would love to get some tips for next cycle! 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, but what is interesting is that they have changed their admission info...

"Students will be selected for admission based on all scores and feedback generated during the application review and interview process described above. The program will make final decisions by March 1, and formal notifications will be sent by the admissions office thereafter. Students will be informed of  admissions decisions by one of the following notifications: offer of admission, waitlist with position number, or denial of admission. If you have not received a formal notification from the Office of Admission by March 16, please contact the PA Department chair: mderosa@samuelmerritt.edu."

Before, it only stated that prospective students would know their admission status by March 1st.  Given the whole fiasco this year, and lack of communication, I'd say that is progress. 😃

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, PhysicianAssistantToBe said:

Did everyone else get the update email a while ago? Looks like it moved 7 spots. Probably won’t be much movement now, right?

Yes, I got an email saying I am number 4 now. I do not anticipate much movement since most schools have already filled their classes at this time. 

On 5/20/2021 at 9:59 AM, PhysicianAssistantToBe said:

Did everyone else get the update email a while ago? Looks like it moved 7 spots. Probably won’t be much movement now, right?

I think there may be a little more movement as people decide which fall schools they will attend, probably closer to august/September 

On 5/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, futurepa911 said:

Helloo! To those who were accepted are there any existing group chats or social media groups for us to connect?

There is a facebook group but it is moderated by SMU PA class president so they may verify who you are and confirm acceptance before allowing you into the group. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116903190365439/?ref=share