1 hour ago, sc215266 said:

How is it possible for someone to have submitted after I was marked complete and be verified?  If in theory, the apps are being verified in order? This process is so strange. I reached out to CASPA and they recommended waiting 2-4 weeks of course...

Oh well, back to waiting patiently, nothing more we can do. But will keep forum updated!

I know I also found that strange! Hopefully, we will hear back soon. 

On 5/21/2020 at 5:37 PM, Anusha said:

Submitted on 5/20 and also still waiting! A friend of mine also submitted 5/20 hours after me and has already been verified. I believe it is based on the date your application was marked complete. 

Hey my friend, have you been verified yet? I'm still waiting at this time. I did speak to CASPA and ensured there were no errors in my app. 

5 hours ago, mnik415 said:

Did you end up getting verified yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Spent over an hour on the phone with CASPA today to no avail. Truly unfortunate. But I suppose the bright side is this is a lesson in patience and the need to appreciate the joy of life outside of the PA journey.  Gotta enjoy each aspect, especially the low points, or the destination won't be worthwhile. Glass half full thinking.

On 5/21/2020 at 3:11 PM, sc215266 said:

How is everyone faring on the verification times? I submitted 9pm on 5/19 and have been waiting patiently.  Heard many stories of verification in under 24 hours.  Anyone mind sharing their experience? 

I submitted last week and was verified within a few days. Some schools have contacted letting me know that they are still waiting for certain bits of information to come through, that of which I have no control over because I did everything on my end. So it might just depend on the schools/situations. 

1 hour ago, cnkissel13 said:

I submitted last week and was verified within a few days. Some schools have contacted letting me know that they are still waiting for certain bits of information to come through, that of which I have no control over because I did everything on my end. So it might just depend on the schools/situations. 

Finally verified this morning! Received an email from one school verifying receipt within an hour. Such a relief!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 8:35 AM, Josefine20 said:

Hi all. I had a scheduled GRE test in March, and ETS asked me to rescheduled it. I was supposed to take it yesterday (may 9th). However, when I arrived at the testing center, the sign on the door said all exams were cancelled. No one at ETS told us anything about this, and on ETS website my testing status was still listed as "scheduled". I asked ETS about it, and they said the reason why it is listed "scheduled", is because I can "reschedule" it (either I don't understand English or this just doesn't make sense...) There is only one place in the entire New York State that's available, and none of the dates work for me because I work in the hospital. All the schools still require GRE before their deadlines, and I'm feeling really hopeless. Should I still keep applying for this cycle? 

Last time I checked, ETS was offering it at home, as long as, you have a Webcam, a quiet space, and a desk. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I had my COVID-19 essay reviewed by someone and they told me it was completely wrong. Though it does state in the prompt “professional hardships”. I talked about how it affected my teaching career and the struggles of needing to make sure students were up to par with the material. It also changed my daily routine for work as well. What’s yalls take on it? Does it have to be 100 percent related to PCE/volunteer/shadowing hours??

On 7/8/2020 at 4:12 PM, Studygeek said:

Hey guys, I had my COVID-19 essay reviewed by someone and they told me it was completely wrong. Though it does state in the prompt “professional hardships”. I talked about how it affected my teaching career and the struggles of needing to make sure students were up to par with the material. It also changed my daily routine for work as well. What’s yalls take on it? Does it have to be 100 percent related to PCE/volunteer/shadowing hours??

Hey I just finished mine today. I made mine about my volunteering opportunities getting cancelled but then being able to swab patients for it. I think it is up to the interpretation of the school. As long as you justify why you are bringing something up and then how it relates to you becoming a PA I think you're good?