2019-2020 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

It is under probationary status but I THINK this could be something as simple as missing paperwork for an administrative department. I asked and received this email in December.

PA.CHRP <PA.CHRP@downstate.edu>

Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 10:43 AM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Admissions, me
cleardot.gif
Thank you for your interest in the PA Program at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.

The probationary status does not affect current or future students, you are more than welcome to apply.

Best regards,
PA Program

On 1/10/2020 at 1:52 PM, Njohnson92 said:
It is under probationary status but I THINK this could be something as simple as missing paperwork for an administrative department. I asked and received this email in December.

PA.CHRP <PA.CHRP@downstate.edu>

Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 10:43 AM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Admissions, me
cleardot.gif
Thank you for your interest in the PA Program at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.

The probationary status does not affect current or future students, you are more than welcome to apply.

Best regards,
PA Program

Thanks 

hey everyone, I submitted my application before the holidays. I had uploaded 100 hours from working at a day care/Pre K but they wouldn't consider it as a part of my application since it had no official letterhead. It got me hella pissed. They left that as an outstanding task on my checklist. 

On 9/14/2019 at 3:18 AM, magboo said:

How thorough was everyone with answering the supplemental/additional essays? I found some questions to have simple answers! However, there is a 3,000 character requirement... hmmm

I reached the maximum character limits for the why you want to be a physician assistant question and the how was your patient care experience relevant question. Everything else very minimal

30 minutes ago, noorie03 said:

hey everyone, I submitted my application before the holidays. I had uploaded 100 hours from working at a day care/Pre K but they wouldn't consider it as a part of my application since it had no official letterhead. It got me hella pissed. They left that as an outstanding task on my checklist. 

Email them, I think they are willing to work with each and every candidate. I needed to submit proof a registration for a pending prerequisite, and registrar office at my college was very late with posting it in my account which resulted in me not meeting the deadline. I emailed them with my issue and they gave me an extension to submit proof of registration and it worked out just fine.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 11:20 PM, Gbpmk399132 said:

hey guys, I'm a current first year student in this program, be happy to answer some questions for you guys. 

hey, how long is the wait time to hear a decision after the application has been sent to the committee?