2019-2020 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

question about volunteer / work experience hours... 

I'm hoping I'm just misunderstanding this on the application -- but do we need a typed, signed documentation uploaded for EVERY work experience and volunteer experience on our application? 

One of the organizations I volunteered with has since dissipated so I am not sure who to sign off on my hours.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, futureNYPA170 said:

Is anyone else having trouble typing in some of the fields? I am not sure if it is just my computer. I tried another browser too, but was not able to insert any information. Thanks in advance !

yeah I that happened to me, but when I pressed the "full screen" button next to the logout button, it let me type in the fields 

• Like 1

has anyone been able to edit information after clicking save???? i wanted to edit my hours for one of my volunteer experiences, but I can't seem to click back into it. it only gives me the option to add a new one, and doesn't even let me delete previously entered ones.

i haven't submitted my application or anything, all i did was press save & continue!

On 9/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, agrace1018 said:

question about volunteer / work experience hours... 

I'm hoping I'm just misunderstanding this on the application -- but do we need a typed, signed documentation uploaded for EVERY work experience and volunteer experience on our application? 

One of the organizations I volunteered with has since dissipated so I am not sure who to sign off on my hours.. 

I am wondering about this as well. Does anyone know if this required for each experience? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, KD101 said:

I called and asked about this. they said it has to include the work business name your recommender is associated with . both com and edu are Okay. just make sure it isn't a personal email. call and notify them of the email u have and see if it is appropriate. 

Is it a big deal if I used a personal email for a recommender?

When I called and asked about it. they did say that they would not count that recommendation if a personal email was used. I was able to get professional emails. One was a gmail but work-associate gmail.  But call or in an email, tell them what email it is and see if it acceptable. 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:18 PM, Hadara said:

Is it a big deal if I used a personal email for a recommender?

When I called and asked about it. they did say that they would not count that recommendation if a personal email was used. I was able to get professional emails. One was a gmail but work-associate gmail.  But call or in an email, tell them what email it is and see if it acceptable. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 3:34 PM, futureNYPA170 said:

I am wondering about this as well. Does anyone know if this required for each experience? 

I just emailed them and they sent me this:

For each experience you wish to be considered, it has to be documented separately on an official, dated, and signed statement.

Sincerely,

SUNY Downstate

Office of Student Admissions (RV)

FML lol I thought I was almost done! I just got one letter stating I had more than their minimum and I thought that would suffice 

2 hours ago, FuturePA6813 said:

I just emailed them and they sent me this:

For each experience you wish to be considered, it has to be documented separately on an official, dated, and signed statement.

Sincerely,

SUNY Downstate

Office of Student Admissions (RV)

FML lol I thought I was almost done! I just got one letter stating I had more than their minimum and I thought that would suffice 

Wow this is going to take me some time to finish. Thank you for the update! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 10:20 PM, FuturePA6813 said:

Anyone else unable to upload more than one document for the clinical/non-clinical volunteering hours?

yeah, it doesn't let you submit more than one document. I did not have this problem, but in the "upload document" section you can add more documents... hopefully they count those for your 250 volunteer Hours and 500 clinical hours 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 12:14 PM, futureNYPA170 said:

What kind of letters are people using to verify things like shadowing and volunteer hours? The application instructions were pretty vague 

I just got letters from the supervisor where I volunteered and from the provider I shadowed. the requirements are to have a letterhead, actual signature, hours, and what you did. So imade sure to include those things

From last year, we were all wondering the same thing, and than around january some people started to slowly get invited to interviews. They have not begun that process yet. I got my interview mid march of last year, and received the acceptance about a week later. I know of someone in my class who actually interviewed in April haha, so try to be patient guys :D 

There was a written component which wasnt bad nothing to stress over or study for, and than the interview with 1-2 faculty members. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...