2019-2020 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

Hello everyone, I saw someone mentioned before that this school is on probation as of this year. I have been doing some research and thought I would share this:
http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Accreditation-Actions-Summary-2019S-1.15.pdf

The reasoning and violations are all listed on the Arc-pa website. Please ask questions as we go on interviews! 
Thanks so much for this! Did anyone ask questions about probation statuses?? I was so nervous yesterday, i forgot to ask what have they done to remedy these violations since their next review (according to Arc-PA report) is next month- March. Can next round of ppl interviews ask (and share) please?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sunny7788 said:

Thanks so much for this! Did anyone ask questions about probation statuses?? I was so nervous yesterday, i forgot to ask what have they done to remedy these violations since their next review (according to Arc-PA report) is next month- March. Can next round of ppl interviews ask (and share) please?

So my interview was with the program director and a senior professor of the program. They seemed very genuine and interested in my personal experience and my readiness for PA school. I enjoyed my interview with them very much! 

As far as the probation status, we did talk about this. The director mentioned that there was a large transition in faculty at the time of the review, essentially leaving them unprepared to meet the standards at the time. They said that because of the faculty to student ratio they got alot of negative points on that. He did say that they expect to receive their accreditation again in the next year and to not let that deter my potential decision to attend this school. 

Hope this is helpful.

1 minute ago, Maxi26 said:

So my interview was with the program director and a senior professor of the program. They seemed very genuine and interested in my personal experience and my readiness for PA school. I enjoyed my interview with them very much! 

As far as the probation status, we did talk about this. The director mentioned that there was a large transition in faculty at the time of the review, essentially leaving them unprepared to meet the standards at the time. They said that because of the faculty to student ratio they got alot of negative points on that. He did say that they expect to receive their accreditation again in the next year and to not let that deter my potential decision to attend this school. 

Hope this is helpful.

Yes, a couple of our faculty have already received full time work. And they plan on having a handful more faculty on board shortly. The accreditation status shouldn’t worry anyone, including us current students as well as applicants. The program is just fine 😄 

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks so much for the insight! Yes, i remember the program.director mentioning new faculty for this new cohort too.

They did mention to me that if worse case scenario and they do somehow lose their accreditation (which they highly doubt), the current class would still graduate. So do not worry about them losing accreditation while you are in school and not having anywhere to go. You will still graduate from the program.