2019-2020 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

My bio 2  and chem1/ chem 2 prerequisites were taken more than 8 years ago. However, I have taught/tutored both subjects for the past few years. 

I am professional tutor online and I am also employed with a charter school where I also teach multiple sciences with biology and chemistry being two in particular. My supervisor submitted a letter on my behalf stating that I teach these subjects, do you think this will suffice for the admissions committee? 

Its under review at the moment. 

Just now, NENE5391 said:

My bio 2  and chem1/ chem 2 prerequisites were taken more than 8 years ago. However, I have taught/tutored both subjects for the past few years. 

I am professional tutor online and I am also employed with a charter school where I also teach multiple sciences with biology and chemistry being two in particular. My supervisor submitted a letter on my behalf stating that I teach these subjects, do you think this will suffice for the admissions committee? 

Its under review at the moment. 

Anyone ever had to do  complete this task for a PA program? 

Hi all, 

Did people's nonclinical hours come from not for profit organization? I volunteered at a daycare before, but I don't think the daycare was a not for profit organization. Any idea, what could be done? I was under the assumption that it didn't matter where you volunteered as long as they were non-clinical and community based hours? Also did you guys see the status of your file on top of admissions checklist? 

Hello everyone, I saw someone mentioned before that this school is on probation as of this year. I have been doing some research and thought I would share this:

http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Accreditation-Actions-Summary-2019S-1.15.pdf

The reasoning and violations are all listed on the Arc-pa website. Please ask questions as we go on interviews! 

The program is fine! Us current and you future students need not worry. I’ve seen other “top” pa programs have probation periods. ARCPA is very strict, which is a good thing 

Hey may I ask you a question
I’m currently waiting for a decision
But can you tell me about the hours you were in class ? I want to get an idea of my schedule if accepted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone 

so I submitted my application in December and was told to retake a science course in order to satisfy the C+ we need. After registering for the class and sending them proof my application was under program review.  I am enrolled in the class now and checked my portal to see that my application is now being screened. I’m scared as to why the status went from under program review back to screening. Are my chances blown? Or will they not move forward with my application until may when I get the grade for the course. I’m so anxious. 

21 hours ago, pa321 said:

Hey everyone 

so I submitted my application in December and was told to retake a science course in order to satisfy the C+ we need. After registering for the class and sending them proof my application was under program review.  I am enrolled in the class now and checked my portal to see that my application is now being screened. I’m scared as to why the status went from under program review back to screening. Are my chances blown? Or will they not move forward with my application until may when I get the grade for the course. I’m so anxious. 

This is a bit specific. If i was in your position i will reach out to the admissions department for more clarification on the matter, my application says screening in process as well, so I dont think is a bad thing- I don't have any pending prerequisites, therefore im assuming you are good.  

On 2/5/2020 at 10:13 AM, christina02272010 said:

Hey may I ask you a question
I’m currently waiting for a decision
But can you tell me about the hours you were in class ? I want to get an idea of my schedule if accepted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unrelated, but I know you also interviewed the same day as I did. I am dying as I wait for a decision, have you heard anything yet?