2019-2020 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

4 hours ago, FuturePA6813 said:

oh thanks for the info! Didn’t know interviews were still happening. When did you speak with them?

This morning around 10ish... I was surprised myself especially with the program starting so soon.

Financial Aid has to be completed, documents need to be filled out, etc. Its a lot! 

8 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

Is sunydownstate going to leave like people who got an interview hanging.... like the start of school (in three weeks) just passes and we don't even receive a rejection letter?

I wish I could know ASAP because I have to start filling out CASPA again and it opens in like what .. 3 days?

Edited by FuturePA6813

17 hours ago, AhuvaGross21 said:

Yeah, there were 45 people on the recipient list

Thank you for letting us know. Honestly SUNY downstate has been a huge disappointment from the beginning. From forgetting my interview timeTWICE and then just not even letting me know that I was passed as an applicant. Come on, get your act together. I will not be applying to this school this coming application cycle. 

Guest pa321
13 minutes ago, christina02272010 said:

Hey if you don’t mind me asking
Have you heard back ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have not

26 minutes ago, ch2626 said:

Did anyone that was rejected receive an email regarding their MPH program and any thoughts on what you think about pursuing this program?

Hi, 

I was rejected and also got the email. It seemed like a good idea, however I am a bit naive in proceeding with the application. At the bottom of the email, it stated that doing this program does not mean you can get into the other programs upon completion. Assuming that PA school is the ultimate goal, I am not sure how the masters program will override with the PA program. The masters program begins in June, and I assume this program runs at least 1 year. My concern in that case is, if I am accepted to a PA school by next cycle, would it override with this MPH program? I am also waitlisted for another program, but not sure if I will get off waitlist and if I should do this to make my application stronger. Let me know your thoughts also about this, would love to see other peoples input. Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, xxnazxx said:

Hi, 

I was rejected and also got the email. It seemed like a good idea, however I am a bit naive in proceeding with the application. At the bottom of the email, it stated that doing this program does not mean you can get into the other programs upon completion. Assuming that PA school is the ultimate goal, I am not sure how the masters program will override with the PA program. The masters program begins in June, and I assume this program runs at least 1 year. My concern in that case is, if I am accepted to a PA school by next cycle, would it override with this MPH program? I am also waitlisted for another program, but not sure if I will get off waitlist and if I should do this to make my application stronger. Let me know your thoughts also about this, would love to see other peoples input. Thank you! 

I think everyone that was on the border of getting an interview and was rejected got sent this email. If your goal is PA and it'll get in the way, then dont waste time. However that being said think about your career in the long run. Having a MPH alongside being a PA sets you up for leadership roles. So if you can do the MPH and get into PA school soon after I think its not a bad idea. Only if it doesnt overlap

3 minutes ago, addictedtolife said:

I think everyone that was on the border of getting an interview and was rejected got sent this email. If your goal is PA and it'll get in the way, then dont waste time. However that being said think about your career in the long run. Having a MPH alongside being a PA sets you up for leadership roles. So if you can do the MPH and get into PA school soon after I think its not a bad idea. Only if it doesnt overlap

Definitely agree with you! Do you think they allow you to take a break from the program in the case one does get accepted? If so, this wouldn't serve an issue. An MPH definitely is something good to have.