2019-2020 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

On 3/3/2020 at 10:29 AM, FuturePA6813 said:

I think it’s the same start date? End of May/early June? Not positive though 

I wonder if they will push it back ...because of accreditation and since they just changed the deadline date as well.

Things will be very rushed if not..

Just an opinion....😳

It’s a little wild right now with everything going on. SUNY schools are closing and moving to online learning starting March 19th due to COVID-19
 Idk maybe they’ll do Skype interviews or something lol
Will they be doing online lectures for the current students/ your cohort??

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

How do you guys feel about it? Like in person interviews come with a different atmosphere and stressors that a phone interview won't have, same about being able to connect with your interviewer through a phone conversation, like you won't have that face to face interaction.  

What about the essay portion? I don't know how to feel about the whole scenario change for future interviews. 

IDK how to feel about it tbh

Edited by minority3246

I really like talking in-person as you can reaffirm how everything is going through body language, the atmosphere vibe and I think show deeper interest. 

Also, has anyone who has interviewed asked about the probation status? The report that was put on this page a while ago http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Accreditation-Actions-Summary-2019S-1.15.pdf

Showed reasons such as lacking evidence of safety addressing appropriate security and personal safety measures for PA students in all locations and lacked evidence all instructional faculty serving as supervised clinical practice experience [SCPEs] preceptors hold a valid license...

These are alarming but what I find most alarming about possibly getting accepted into a program that is on probation being reviewed in Sept 2021, is that what if they fail this review? Would the class that gets accepted now, not graduate on time in 2022? I know you have to graduate from an accredited program to sit for the PANCE exam....

31 minutes ago, ch2626 said:

Does anyone know how or when they contacted students that didn't get into the program?

My states still says “screening in process” and I contacted the school too and they said my application is still going through process and no decision was made yet. But I know they’re delayed rn Bc of the virus 

So i had the phone interview yesterday, I think it went well.... was about 1 hour an 30 minutes. Such a crazy timing with everything, they changed my time three times that day due to emergency meetings. I don't even know if they're going to have in-person interviews after all of this or they're going to let the weight of a phone interview determine if they are going to extend a seat in their 2019-2020 class? She also mentioned how I am short 20 hours of the 250+ community service hours, but all volunteer programs have been shut down for now. I wonder if that is a heavy determining factor for admission.... I hope not. STRESSED over here

6 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

So i had the phone interview yesterday, I think it went well.... was about 1 hour an 30 minutes. Such a crazy timing with everything, they changed my time three times that day due to emergency meetings. I don't even know if they're going to have in-person interviews after all of this or they're going to let the weight of a phone interview determine if they are going to extend a seat in their 2019-2020 class? She also mentioned how I am short 20 hours of the 250+ community service hours, but all volunteer programs have been shut down for now. I wonder if that is a heavy determining factor for admission.... I hope not. STRESSED over here

Best of luck, hopefully they will understand that due to the situation is hard for you to get the hours. 

51 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

Best of luck!!! Hope everything works out

• Like 1